Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best XBOX 360 Black Ops Settings for A40/Mixamp 5.8

Default Best XBOX 360 Black Ops Settings for A40/Mixamp 5.8

Hi Guys,

New in town

Just received my new A40's/Mixamp 5.8 package. Awesomesauce!

What's the consensus about the best all around settings?

So far I have:

- Xbox360 set to: 5.1 Dolby
    - Voice comm ??? Somehow if I place headset only I will not hear my friends in comms playing Black Ops.

Black Ops Settings: Quiet/Theater

Current issues:
    - Having hard time trying to figure out the right balance between game and voice sounds. It seems like if I want to hear my friends voice I have to sacrifice game sounds using the Mixamp knobs.

Are there any good tips for this excited nOOb?

- Thanks in Advance -
    Last edited by xXxDieselxXx; 06-26-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Default reply

I like the volume to a bit more than half up and then the game to voice volume almost all the way to the right depending on how you like it

Quiet and Theater are what I play it on too. Theater is what's recommended. Quiet or Loud is personal preference really, well it all is really.

theater? i use surround headphones.. i just tried theater and its much less like...surround lol

Quote Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
    theater? i use surround headphones.. i just tried theater and its much less like...surround lol
    Like I said, it's all personal preference really. The Surround Headphone is only output to 2 channels and the MixAmp will upscale it to a 5.1 channel signal. Theater is 5.1 channel and the MixAmp will upscale it to a 7.1 channel signal. It's all personal preference really, whatever sounds best for you.

I'm not understanding how you guys think theater sounds good. Surround and loud for me. I will try theater again and see if I can hear things better though. Acid, are you sure theater is a 5.1 channel? Wouldn't they all be 5.1 since we all have our 360 set to Dolby digital 5.1? Reading the audio setting descriptions for black ops on their website suggests the settings are more eq settings than anything. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4L1FE View Post
    I'm not understanding how you guys think theater sounds good. Surround and loud for me. I will try theater again and see if I can hear things better though. Acid, are you sure theater is a 5.1 channel? Wouldn't they all be 5.1 since we all have our 360 set to Dolby digital 5.1? Reading the audio setting descriptions for black ops on their website suggests the settings are more eq settings than anything. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I haven't been on the BO site but I do know as well as a few of us others that Theater is an ambient room setting meaning it has sound from all sides and allows for the listening stage in a larger sounds field meaning large maps. When most people talk of headphones they mean in terms of a 2 channel pair of headphones. Your sound stage is drastically decreased. It might actually be good for close quarter fighting but on larger maps I just can see using it. Of course the audio in BO isn't very good to begin with, so you make do with what you have.

It's all personal preference really, if headphone sounds better for you then I say go for it. I just notice a big improvement over headphone when I use theater.

I'm gonna try it when I get on tonight. Going from Black Ops to MW2 is a huge difference in sound. I have to turn my volume up on Black Ops to hear everything I need to, whereas in MW2 I have my master volume on the amp to just past half. Black Ops sucks when it comes to soundwhoring.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxDieselxXx View Post
    Hi Guys,

New in town

Just received my new A40's/Mixamp 5.8 package. Awesomesauce!

What's the consensus about the best all around settings?

So far I have:

- Xbox360 set to: 5.1 Dolby
    - Voice comm ??? Somehow if I place headset only I will not hear my friends in comms playing Black Ops.

Black Ops Settings: Quiet/Theater

Current issues:
    - Having hard time trying to figure out the right balance between game and voice sounds. It seems like if I want to hear my friends voice I have to sacrifice game sounds using the Mixamp nobs.

Are there any good tips for this excited nOOb?

- Thanks in Advance -
    go to options and then audio settings, put the music volume to half or 40% because sometimes i find the music volume to be loud. Some people turn it down to 0% for those serious SnD gamers. Hope this helps, a lot of MLG gamers do this and also with people who uses Turtle Beach

Theatre on Quiet or Loud is the Best and Obviously Dolby Digital 5.1 on Console Audio Settings.
    Last edited by cjboi; 06-25-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Thank You! guys...

This place rocks.

I appreciate all the inputs.

(1) I already lowered music volume to around 40%.
    (2) Set volume to a bit more than half up and then the game to voice volume almost all the way to the right.
    (3) Theater on Quiet and Dolby Digital 5.1 on Console Audio Settings.

It seems to have helped a lot. However I'm trying to figure out what's better Theater or Surround Headsets. I did notice louder sounds with Surround Headsets.

It would be great to confirm if indeed "Theater" mode will take you to 7.1.

Thanks Guys...