Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drivers/updates

FBungie Guest

Default drivers/updates

Are there any drivers or updates that are coming out, or are out currently, if I plan on using the A40 Headset Microphone in Reason or Fruity Loops? Or if I want to use the A40 Headset with my Steam games? Or when I upgrade to Windows 7? I haven't been able to use my Microphone while playing CS: Source.

I didn't even know there were update for this thing, but I don't use it on PC.

Microphones are built in to windows software to my knowledge? You shouldn't need drivers

A S T R O * G A M I N G
    SeanP

From a computer stand point, a mike is a mike. It's just a simple input for the computer. It should work for any game for PC, including Source, and that's from first hand experience. Also, headsets/mikes shouldn't need drivers from my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchyyy View Post
    From a computer stand point, a mike is a mike. It's just a simple input for the computer. It should work for any game for PC, including Source, and that's from first hand experience. Also, headsets/mikes shouldn't need drivers from my knowledge.
    Sometimes they do, if it's setup on some USB type input. If it's just your regular 1/8" connection, it's just based upon your soundcard drivers. If those aren't installed, well, you're not getting or receiving sound.

True, but I know about sound card drivers. I've just really never heard of a driver for a headset/mike.

A lot of USB PC headsets get driver updates, because they require software usually.

Quote Originally Posted by FBungie View Post
    Are there any drivers or updates that are coming out, or are out currently, if I plan on using the A40 Headset Microphone in Reason or Fruity Loops? Or if I want to use the A40 Headset with my Steam games? Or when I upgrade to Windows 7? I haven't been able to use my Microphone while playing CS: Source.
    Hi FBungie,

To answer your question, our A40 Headset and/or MixAmp are directly plugged into a computer's sound card without any need for drivers or updated drivers. Your sound card on the other hand will need drivers but none of our hardware does.

I hope this answers your question!

- ASTRO Stanimal

trishcfo Guest

To answer your question, our A40 Headset and/or MixAmp are directly plugged into a computer's sound card without any need for drivers or updated drivers. Your sound card on the other hand will need drivers but none of our hardware does.
    Actually, it is not plugged directly into the sound card - it has a USB connection which plugs into any USB slot on the computer. For some reason, my headset just stopped working - it is not seen in the drop down list in Ventrilo, nor in my sound management window or in the Device Manager. This is a very expensive Headset to have it just stop working...and voice has been very crackly at times. Need to know how to fix this. I am the Guild Leader of a large guild in WoW and I cannot even talk in raids. I have to listen on my other machine on speakers.

The thread and post you replied to was before the 2010 MixAmp released, so back then there was no support for the USB connection to work with the mic on PCs (instead the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable was used from the Mic port on the MixAmp to the Mic port on the PC).

In regards to your question regarding your headset having some problems, you will probably want to connect with the Support Team so they can walk you through some steps specifically for the PC (as it sounds like your having problems with the USB port). In any case, you can still go wtih the "old school" way of using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and connecting the two mic ports. Let me know how it goes! =)