Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astro A40 PC Mic Not working

Default Astro A40 PC Mic Not working

Hey there! I have my astros pluged into my pc like this:

The green & pink cables into the pc and the other end thingy that comes with the pc wires into the headset, I can hear audio from games, videos ect but when I try use my mic I cannot, and or other people cannot hear it! I dont know weather its because of my volume control settings? Ifso please give me some options to put for the controlls, its not the mic thats broke becasue I use it on PS3...

Make sure that the PS3 chat cable is plugged into the back of the TX unit and is nice and snug. It make take a little force to get it plugged in all the way. Also make sure that your mute switch is off on the quick disconnect cable.

Quote Originally Posted by AcIdC0R3 View Post
    Make sure that the PS3 chat cable is plugged into the back of the TX unit and is nice and snug. It make take a little force to get it plugged in all the way. Also make sure that your mute switch is off on the quick disconnect cable.
    I don't mean for PS3, I maen for pc

Quote Originally Posted by Muffy12 View Post
    I don't mean for PS3, I maen for pc
    The PS3 chat cable is still required for the PC, so the same should apply.

It sounds like Muffy is using the A40s directly to the PC, which wouldn't need the PS3/PC chat cable, just some settings changes. (Though if you wanted to use the MixAmp with the PC, you would need to do things differently).

In your Sound Settings, did you set your Input as the Mic-In channel? This can sometimes change if you have other things with a microphone present (Monitor with built in cam/mic, attached USB mic, etc.).

-ASTRO Warblade

Hey Muffy, I got your PM before I found this post. If you are using a wired MixAmp to connect to your PC, make sure that you are still using the regular 3.5mm Quick Disconnect cable with your MixAmp and not the PC Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaTiiK View Post
    Hey Muffy, I got your PM before I found this post. If you are using a wired MixAmp to connect to your PC, make sure that you are still using the regular 3.5mm Quick Disconnect cable with your MixAmp and not the PC Cables.
    Hi, what do they look like? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO Warblade View Post
    It sounds like Muffy is using the A40s directly to the PC, which wouldn't need the PS3/PC chat cable, just some settings changes. (Though if you wanted to use the MixAmp with the PC, you would need to do things differently).

In your Sound Settings, did you set your Input as the Mic-In channel? This can sometimes change if you have other things with a microphone present (Monitor with built in cam/mic, attached USB mic, etc.).

-ASTRO Warblade
    Hey man i dont have a Mic-In channel I only have ASTRO mixamp channel and some HD input and ATI output ones ...

PC Cable:

Use this if you are only connecting your headset to your computer.

Standard 3.5mm 4-Pole Cable:

Use this if you are using your MixAmp with your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffy12 View Post
    Hey man i dont have a Mic-In channel I only have ASTRO mixamp channel and some HD input and ATI output ones ...
    Ah, so you are using the MixAmp with your PC? Then you'll want to use the 4-pole Quick Disconnect Cable (2nd cable LuNaTiik just listed) and select the USB ASTRO Gaming MixAmp from your sound settings as the input. Should be all gravy from there.

-ASTRO Warblade