Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: How long of cables do you receive with the A40 and mixamp?

Default How long of cables do you receive with the A40 and mixamp?

I am about to upgrade to A40s from TurtleBeach X41s. I was wondering how long the cables are though. I sit about 14' from my TV so I was going to order the longest optical cable. But what about the cable that goes from the mixamp to the headset and the mixamp to the controller? The table that I was going to set the mixamp on is around 3-4' from where I sit. Is there enough cable for it to be set further away?

Quote Originally Posted by leglez View Post
    I am about to upgrade to A40s from TurtleBeach X41s. I was wondering how long the cables are though. I sit about 14' from my TV so I was going to order the longest optical cable. But what about the cable that goes from the mixamp to the headset and the mixamp to the controller? The table that I was going to set the mixamp on is around 3-4' from where I sit. Is there enough cable for it to be set further away?
    Hi leglez,

A longer optical cable would be perfect. To power the MixAmp at a distance, we recommend our Rechargeable Battery Pack. You can also get a longer USB to USB 'mini b' cable or find a USB power source near your table.

The included controller cable is 1.5M (almost 5ft) and will be just fine if your MixAmp will rest 3-4' away from you.

Hope this helps!

- ASTRO Stanimal

Thanks for the quick reply!

One other question, is there any need to purchase the TOSlink optical cable from astro? I see its $35 for a 25' cable, I can get a 25' cable for less than $10 so I would rather do that and then spend the extra $25 on custom tags.

Quote Originally Posted by leglez View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply!

One other question, is there any need to purchase the TOSlink optical cable from astro? I see its $35 for a 25' cable, I can get a 25' cable for less than $10 so I would rather do that and then spend the extra $25 on custom tags.
    Hi leglez,

Any TOSlink optical cable will work our MixAmp. Hope this helps!

- ASTRO Stanimal

Ok thank you very much for the quick reply!