Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setup for Xbox 360

Default Setup for Xbox 360

I just recently got my Astro's for Christmas. I haven't got my Xbox setup with them. The only time that i've been able to use them is with music on my computer. I got the mix amp and everything.

My setup is I have my xbox running HDMI to my TV, from my TV I have a Toslink (optical) going to the mixamp. But I have no sound (the volume is turned up). Is there something I did wrong?

Also, How do I get voice from my controller to my mix amp?

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfTacular View Post
    I just recently got my Astro's for Christmas. I haven't got my Xbox setup with them. The only time that i've been able to use them is with music on my computer. I got the mix amp and everything.

My setup is I have my xbox running HDMI to my TV, from my TV I have a Toslink (optical) going to the mixamp. But I have no sound (the volume is turned up). Is there something I did wrong?

Also, How do I get voice from my controller to my mix amp?
    Hi SmurfTacular,

To connect your controller to the MixAmp, you should have one of our controller cables that was packaged with your MixAmp. Please check the manual for what it looks like and setup instructions.

As for your TV, it very well may be that your TV may not be routing the audio from your HDMI to the optical out correctly. That would be a question for your TV manufacturer.

Otherwise, please contact our Support Team for proper troubleshooting and support.

- ASTRO Stanimal

On my Samsung DLP only way to get audio output is to disable the TV speakers in a settings menu. Might be the same for your set.

some tv's do some weird stuff.

mine for example will only supply audio out on the AUX out while on the aerial but the optical audio out will work on all channels like component and HDMI.

I would say it's a problem with your tv and not the system, you can do one of two things, buy the microsoft HDMI kit which comes with a audio adapter for the 360 or remove the case from the old AV out cable that had the optical out for your 360 so it will fit while you have your HDMI cable plugged in.

Best way to use any external speakers/amps would be to buy a decent receiver. Other than connecting each input directly to the mixamp.

If you can't figure your TV out, and don't want to fork over a lot of $$$, get your hands on one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-HDMI-...2097839&sr=8-1

It comes with the audio adapter, which has optical out. You could plug that straight into the mixamp.

So the optical cord is the cord that needs to be the longest? I plan on ordering the a40's this month just curious if I need to order the longer optical w/ it?

If you plan on having it plugged in via USB (for power from the xbox), I'd recommend a long USB cable as well. The one that ships with it is about 13 feet, but depending upon how far your mixamp is from your xbox, you may need a longer cable.

Hi guys,

Our USB cables are approximately 13ft long (edited by ASTRO Stanimal). If you'd like to extend you MixAmp, we'd recommend a longer TOSlink Optical cable and a matching length USB to USB 'mini-b' cable.

Hope this helps,

- ASTRO Stanimal

Hrm, not to be a bother, but it says in the manual (from online, at http://www.astrogaming.com/manuals/MixAmp_manual.pdf) that the USB to USB mini B cable is 4 meters long. Guessing the manual may be incorrect? (Don't have my a40s yet to know the actual length, and never bothered checking my buddies out, lol)