Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: How to record players voices while using Astro A40 on PS3

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default How to record players voices while using Astro A40 on PS3

    Hello everyone,

    I need your help to find a solution to my problem.

    I have a PS3 and I'm using HD PVR to record and also using Astro A40 headset

    I'm using Optical wires to record the sound

    the sound goes out from the PS3 to the HD PVR ( optical-in )

    and the HD PVR ( optical-out ) goes to the A40 headset

    the problem is that I can hear the sound of the game and the players in my headset

    but the HD PVR records only the sound of the game

    and when I tried to change the settings of the PS3 audio device --> Output Device from :
    ASTRO Gaming USB MixAmp to System default device

    the MixAmp couldn't isolate the sound of the players and the sound of the game

    can you please tell me how to record and capture the sound of both players & game in the HD PVR

    thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    8,271

    Default

    Voice chat is handled by either the USB to Mini B cable if you have the wired MixAmp or the optional PS3 Chat cable if you have the MixAmp 5.8, so you cannot record voice through optical since the optical cable dowdy handle voice.

    PS- please do not post in the above format again, it is super annoying...white text + left aligned is the way to go

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaTiiK View Post
    Voice chat is handled by either the USB to Mini B cable if you have the wired MixAmp or the optional PS3 Chat cable if you have the MixAmp 5.8, so you cannot record voice through optical since the optical cable dowdy handle voice.

    PS- please do not post in the above format again, it is super annoying...white text + left aligned is the way to go
    sorry this the first time for me here do I don't know which format is better,

    I have the wired MixAmp, but how can enable the HD PVR to record both chat voice as well as the game sound?

    is there any way to record both game sound and chat sound with the HD PVR while using Astro A40 + wired MixAmp

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALNAHY View Post
    sorry this the first time for me here do I don't know which format is better,

    I have the wired MixAmp, but how can enable the HD PVR to record both chat voice as well as the game sound?

    is there any way to record both game sound and chat sound with the HD PVR while using Astro A40 + wired MixAmp
    I have the Hauppauge HD PVR and as far as I'm aware you can't.

    Well, wait. Maybe there's a way.
    1) Click the silver XBOX button on your controller.
    2) Go to the settings blade.
    3) Scroll down to preferences and click.
    4) Scroll down to Voice and click.
    5) On Voice Output choose "Play through both".

    That might work, otherwise I don't think there is a way.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcIdC0R3 View Post
    I have the Hauppauge HD PVR and as far as I'm aware you can't.

    Well, wait. Maybe there's a way.
    1) Click the silver XBOX button on your controller.
    2) Go to the settings blade.
    3) Scroll down to preferences and click.
    4) Scroll down to Voice and click.
    5) On Voice Output choose "Play through both".

    That might work, otherwise I don't think there is a way.
    thanks for your replay but I have a PS3 not an XBOX, so I can't try this solution

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALNAHY View Post
    thanks for your replay but I have a PS3 not an XBOX, so I can't try this solution
    Oh ok my fail. I also have the PS3 so as far as I'm aware of, no you can't.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcIdC0R3 View Post
    Oh ok my fail. I also have the PS3 so as far as I'm aware of, no you can't.
    thanks for your reply,

    tbh I'm disappointed that I can't record the reactions through my HD PVR

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALNAHY View Post
    thanks for your reply,

    tbh I'm disappointed that I can't record the reactions through my HD PVR
    Agreed, I wish it were possible too.


  9. #9

    Default

    You CAN record game sound AND players voice on ps3. I'm not at my ps3 so these directions may not be 100%. If you go to accessory setting and then audio device (wherever you change your headset options) and put the audio out to "system default". Then go to audio settings and select optical audio out to go to your headset. Then under audio settings again, put multi-ouput to "ON". Hope that helps!

  10. #10

    Default

    I forgot to add, I run my optical cable straight to my mixamp from the ps3, and use the red & white composite cables for audio from the ps3 to the pvr, and the same from the pvr to my television. I believe that the optical audio from the pvr isn't true 5.1 anyways so in reality it is a useless option.
    Last edited by iPoopOnNewbs; 01-24-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •