Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: [PS3] Mic unresponsive - PS3 Chat Cable not working

Exclamation [PS3] Mic unresponsive - PS3 Chat Cable not working

Hello Astro Gamers,

I got my first Astro A40's about 2 weeks ago off a friend for a reasonable price (I was saving up for a brand new pair but was short and my friend was buying a new one with his clan tag on it so he decided to sell me his). The mixamp he sold me was straight from Astro, brand new.

I fell in love with them right away, but right off the bat there was an issue.. the mic on the headset was not being recognized by my playstation 3. After a couple frusterated days of research, and reading the forums for answers, i came across a solution saying that Playstation 3 users would need the "PS3 Chat Cable", i then ordered it right away and waited patiently for it to arrive. It arrived today in the mail. I plugged it into my mixamp and then into my playstation. My PS3 automatically picked up the "Astro Chat" and set it has input and output.

Here's the new problem... When i go into a game I can't hear my friends speaking, my friends can't hear me and when i go to test the mic volume my PS3 is saying that no sound is being picked up... again. When i blow into the mic, i can hear a wind whistling noise through the speakers in the headset but that's about it.

My setup:

My Headset is connected to my Mixamp through the front headset port. I then have the long USB Cable connected from the back of the Mixamp to my Playstation. Then i have an Optical Cable connected from the back of the Mixamp to my Playstation. Then I connected my PS3 Chat Cable from my Mixamp to my Playstation.

My mixamp does not look like the one that is currently on the website, it looks like this one:

Unless that one is on the site, but i can't find it.

Now lastly, all I am asking for is help. I bought the Astro A40 Headsets to better my gaming experience and to enjoy the game more and have more fun. But how can I have fun without talking to my friends/clan?

Thank you,
    PSN: RyRyBeBallin

That is the 2009 MixAmp and you will need the PS3 Mic Adapter for PS3 chat. Contact Support and see if you can get an exchange.

yeah man chating is half the experiance hope you get it fixed so you can enjoy it
    PS3 320gb slim | Xbox slim 250gb | White astro A40 5.8 | A30 White wired | custom tags
    FPS freeks | Gunnar Optiks(Marley) | 22" Asus Monitor | XCM crossbatlle+Razer Onza
    SUPPORT | Wired vs Wireless |MixAmp Diagram
    PSN: DEEBS808 Gamertag:DEEBS808 Steam: DEEBS808

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaTiiK View Post
    That is the 2009 MixAmp and you will need the PS3 Mic Adapter for PS3 chat. Contact Support and see if you can get an exchange.
    Ahhh... so that must be the problem. Okay i'll contact support and try to get an exchange for this wire i mistakenly purchased : PS3 Chat Cable.

Thanks a lot man

No problem. If you have more questions, feel free to ask around!