Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: A50's Mic not working with PS4

Default A50's Mic not working with PS4

Just bought some brand new A50s and have updated all the firmware on both the Mixamp and the headset itself. I've got all the PS4 settings how they are supposed to be set up as well. The sound comes through the headphones and I can hear myself talking into the mic but the PS4 doesn't seem to hear it. I tried talking in game to friends, tired testing the mic by sending voice messages, but nothing seems to work and I can't figure it out. I've watched a bunch of setup videos on youtube showing step by step how to set everything up and it's exactly the same as mine but just my mic won't work in game or to send messages to people. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit/// Also can't hear other players in game despite their yellow lights being on (COD Ghost)
    Last edited by BadMove; 12-07-2013 at 03:11 AM.

Anyone at all?

Quote Originally Posted by BadMove View Post
    Anyone at all?
    I'm having the same issue. I think we won't hear back until after the weekend....i hope

Quote Originally Posted by 1000rrren View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I think we won't hear back until after the weekend....i hope
    Probably needs an even more current firmware update because I've updated both my mixamp and headset like 4 times.

Hi BadMove,

Could you follow this thread here to ensure all your settings are correct on the PS4.

Also once that has been completed, drop by www.astrogaming.com/firmware and download the latest firmware version for your A50 Wireless Headset and A50 Wireless Transmitter and install them. Don't install any other firmware updates such as previous versions. Once that has been completed, follow the below steps to pair your equipment successfully as it might be a pairing problem.

1) Switch on your A50 Wireless Headset and A50 Wireless Transmitter.

2) Hold down the power button on your transmitter until it pulses white and then hold down the power button on your A50 Wireless Headset until it pulses white. Don't do this the opposite way around, it's recommended to do it transmitter first and then headset second.

3) Both lights should change solid white and then solid red.

Also have you ensured you're not mixed too much towards game on your A50 Wireless Headset? Try holding down voice a bit as that will allow voice communications to be heard from the PS4.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Thumbs down

Updated my new Astro A50 for my PS4 and i'am not getting response from the mic. I disconnected and reconnected all wires. Paired the devices together multiple times. Updated firmware again to see if it was not installed properly. All other audio works fine but my mic is simply not working. $300 well spent. this needs to be fixed especially if they advertise that it works with the PS4

Hi hksmash,

Has your headset firmware also been updated to the latest version?

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO Vertigo View Post
    Hi BadMove,

Could you follow this thread here to ensure all your settings are correct on the PS4.

Also once that has been completed, drop by www.astrogaming.com/firmware and download the latest firmware version for your A50 Wireless Headset and A50 Wireless Transmitter and install them. Don't install any other firmware updates such as previous versions. Once that has been completed, follow the below steps to pair your equipment successfully as it might be a pairing problem.

1) Switch on your A50 Wireless Headset and A50 Wireless Transmitter.

2) Hold down the power button on your transmitter until it pulses white and then hold down the power button on your A50 Wireless Headset until it pulses white. Don't do this the opposite way around, it's recommended to do it transmitter first and then headset second.

3) Both lights should change solid white and then solid red.

Also have you ensured you're not mixed too much towards game on your A50 Wireless Headset? Try holding down voice a bit as that will allow voice communications to be heard from the PS4.

- Mitchell

ive done all that and my mic still doesnt work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Thor,

When you switch on your PS4, does it ask you to pair the "Headset" to a specific user account?

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |