Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microphone won't work on PS4

Default Microphone won't work on PS4

I have the A40 with the Mix amp 5.8 wireless system. Optical to the ps4 and an adaptor for the ps4 controller. The game sound works, but the microphone won't. Can someone help me please.

Hi Crane03,

What adapter are you using? Any chance you can take a picture and upload it to www.imgur.com for me please?

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

I'm also having the same problem with my A40's and wireless 5.8 mixamp. I get surround sound but no chat. I don't have any type of adapter hooked up to my controller like Crane03 posted but i do have my headset,5.8 amp and reciever hooked up exactly like i did with my ps3 with that special ps3 USB cable that connects to the Astro reciever to the console. Right now the only way i can use chat is to hook the Headphones up directly to the DS4 controller,which sucks cuz the sound and chat quality isn't as good as using my 5.8 mixamp. Also,my headset works with both my ps3 and Xbox360 just fine.

Its an adaptor from radio shack just to fit the ps4 controller.

Here is a picture of the adaptor for the ps4 controller. I really would like to chat with people. Please help.
    image.jpg

I don't have that hooked up to the controller like you do Crane. I have my Headset set up the same exact way on my PS4 that it would be on the ps3. I can here everything else except the chat. I wish someone would figure this sh*t out! I bought 3 sets of Astros in the last couple of years and it pisses me off that these new consoles were'nt compatible from the start with these expensive a** headsets!

Quote Originally Posted by MARAUD3RR View Post
    I don't have that hooked up to the controller like you do Crane. I have my Headset set up the same exact way on my PS4 that it would be on the ps3. I can here everything else except the chat. I wish someone would figure this sh*t out! I bought 3 sets of Astros in the last couple of years and it pisses me off that these new consoles were'nt compatible from the start with these expensive a** headsets!
    I know its really frustrating. I'm going from an xbox 360 to a ps4, so I don't have this cable that everyone is talking about and thats why I went to get the adaptor, but if we are having the same issue i'm pretty sure its not how they are hooked up. It sounds more like a firmware issue, but if they don't make the mixamp 5.8 anymore we may be screwed. If thats the case they will lose me as a customer. These things are way to expensive not to have an update for them to make them work on next gen consoles. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crane03 View Post
    I know its really frustrating. I'm going from an xbox 360 to a ps4, so I don't have this cable that everyone is talking about and thats why I went to get the adaptor, but if we are having the same issue i'm pretty sure its not how they are hooked up. It sounds more like a firmware issue, but if they don't make the mixamp 5.8 anymore we may be screwed. If thats the case they will lose me as a customer. These things are way to expensive not to have an update for them to make them work on next gen consoles. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I totally agree. I don't see a Mod or anybody from Astro commenting on our issue. In the past couple of years i bought A fully wired pair of A40's,2 pairs of A40 with 5.8 mixamp and a pair of the A30's. Not to mention i talked both my brother and Pops into buying a pair each of the wireless 5.8's which are now all useless. If this **** doesn't get sorted out i'll sell what i bought from them and never buy another set again no matter how good they are. If i just wanted to listen to sound without chatting i would just use my Sennhiesers. Guess it's time to look elsewhere for a gaming headset that actually works.

same issue here .... any one got the mixamp 5.8 chat working with the PS4 ??

thanks

Hi everyone,

The MixAmp 5.8 was not designed to be firmware upgradable although it's not a firmware issue from what I am aware. We have users on the forum and around the internet who are able to use a PS3/PC Chat Cable fine without any problems including ourselves in our offices so I would suggest to wipe down all the cables and also disconnect the PS3/PC Chat Cable from the AUX Port, clean it and reseat.

@Crane03,

Any chance you can take a picture of the 3.5mm end of the adapter please?

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |