Connecting to the PlayStation 4 - A50 Wireless Headset
- Last updated by ASTRO Vertigo on 18/11/2013
We're sure that you're very excited to get your A50 Wireless Headset up and running on your brand new PS4 system! Thanks to the community and our engineers, we have found and resolved an issue with voice chat which can be applied by downloading the latest firmware update below so you can gain full functionality out of your A50 Wireless Headset without any trouble. Please follow the below steps to configure your equipment and PS4 correctly.
Remember to not connect the A50 Wireless Headset to your system until you have downloaded PS4 System Update V1.50 and can log into the PlayStation Network as this is a sign that the operating system on your PS4 is updated.
Downloading the latest firmware update for your A50 Wireless Headset.
1) Connect the A50 MixAmp TX to your computer using the included long USB to USB-Mini cable.
2) Download and run the A50 MixAmp TX Firmware Updater V4193 which can be found by clicking here.
3) Follow the on screen instructions to update the A50 MixAmp TX. Once completed, you can close the program.
*If you own the A50 Wireless Headset Battlefield 4 Edition, please do not install the firmware for the headset as you might lose your Battlefield EQ mode, please skip to step 6!
4) Connect the A50 Wireless Headset to your A50 MixAmp TX using the included short USB to USB-Mini cable.
5) Download and run A50 Wireless Headset Firmware Update V4142 which can be found by clicking here.
6) Follow the on screen instructions to update the A50 Wireless Headset. Once completed, you can close the program, disconnect everything from your computer and reconnect everything back to your PS4. If you have not installed PS4 System Update V1.50, please hold off from connecting until you have!
Downloading the latest operating system for your PS4.
Installing System Update V1.50 is required to use the voice communication features of the A50 Wireless Headset and also sign into the PlayStation Network. Please follow the below steps to install this.
1) On the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, select Settings and then System Software Update.
2) Follow the on screen instructions to download and install the latest operating system on your PS4.
Connecting the A50 Wireless Headset to your PS4.
1) Connect the included optical cable from the optical input on the A50 MixAmp TX to the optical output on the PS4.
2) Connect the included long USB to USB-Mini cable from the USB input on the A50 MixAmp TX to one of the USB ports on the front of the PS4.
Configuring the PS4 settings.
1) On the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Primary Output Port > Digital Out (Optical) and then select Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch followed by okay.
2) Under Audio Output Settings once again, select Output to Headphones and ensure Chat Audio is selected and not All Audio.
3) Under Audio Output Settings once more, select Audio Format (Priority) and change this from Linear PCM to Bitstream (Dolby). Anything else selected might cause the loss of surround sound or audio altogether.
- If the A50 Wireless Headset isn't detected by the PS4 then Output to Headphones will be grayed out under the Audio Output Settings. Simply power off the A50 MixAmp TX and then power it back on, the PS4 will prompt you to assign the "Headset" to a user. At this point, assign it to your user account and the Output to Headphones option should be available to you.
- If your voice chat suddenly stops working mid-game, press and hold the PlayStation button for around three seconds to pull up the quick settings. Select Adjust Device and ensure that Volume Control (Headphones) isn't grayed out and that Output to Headphones is set to Chat Audio and not All Audio.
More of a visual person? We've got a video to assist you with setting up your A50 Wireless Headset with your PS4:
Should you have any further questions regarding the A50 Wireless Headset, please feel free to post them on this thread and we'll respond as quickly as possible with an answer for you.
Last edited by ASTRO refraxion; 11-25-2013 at 02:59 PM.
A50's No Game Sound on PS4
New to the forums and wanted to get this out there. PS4 is upon us and I thought everything would be peachy perfect for Astro's to launch without any issue. Well I was wrong. The problem I'm facing is that whenever I tried to set up my A50's I sometimes hear the game sound on them for a split second before the audio drops completely.
Now I know there's an update coming soon for the incoming chat audio but is there any reason as to why I can't hear the game sounds? I've also followed this to have the game audio working but still no luck.
Will this update fix both issues I'm having or am I doing something wrong?
Much appreciated all.
Last edited by Andjoo; 11-15-2013 at 08:50 PM.
I got A50 working on PS4
at back of your playstation 4 where you connect your digital optical. if you look very closely you would see that it says "digital out optical". If you look at your MIXamp if you have your optical plug in OPT-OUT, unplug that and move it into OPT-IN in-stand. Now you would finally get sound on your A50 headset =). I also did a record text to see if my mic works..It works nicely. Now i can play my games from my headset. i don't have any friends online,but im pretty sure i should hear people talk online..
I like to add 1 more thing. you might want to put ur TV or monitor on low volume because you going to get sound from their too
Awesome! Thanks man! Now for that Astro firmware update!
Originally Posted by joaquin1119
Last edited by Andjoo; 11-15-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Make sure to update to the latest Playstation/PS4 1.05 firmware ?? im taken you mean 1.50 =p
Last edited by ASTRO refraxion; 11-15-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Fixed! Thanks c:
Originally Posted by joaquin1119
I posted a thread about it before seeing this, but you can also run a 3.5mm Aux cable from your controller to the Aux input on the back of the wireless transmitter to get up and running for the mean time. As most people will have a 3.5mm aux cable lying around this may be a more viable solution for the time being, as we can only hope this is a very temporary issue
Full details below:
well, its great to hear the game on the a50, but sadly i cant hear anyone talk =(
Anyone experiencing issues with the PlayStation 4 + A50 Wireless Headset and incoming chat audio please download this firmware patch and apply it (PC Only).