Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecting to the PlayStation 4 - A40/A30 Audio System

Default Connecting to the PlayStation 4 - A40/A30 Audio System

- Last updated by ASTRO Vertigo on 16/11/2013

Hello Astroids!

We're sure that you're very excited to get your A40 or A30 Audio System up and running on your brand new PS4 system! We've been spending some time of our own with the PS4 and have come up with this quick setup guide which should get everything working as intended.

Remember to not connect the A40 or A30 Audio System to your PS4 until you have downloaded PS4 System Update V1.50 and can log into the PlayStation Network as this is a sign that the operating system on your PS4 is updated.

Downloading the latest operating system for your PS4.
    Installing System Update V1.50 is required to use the voice communication features of the MixAmp Pro and also sign into the PlayStation Network. Please follow the below steps to install this.

1) On the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, select Settings and then System Software Update.

2) Follow the on screen instructions to download and install the latest operating system on your PS4.

Connecting the A40 or A30 Audio System to your PS4.
    1) Connect the included optical cable from the optical input on the MixAmp Pro to the optical output on the back of the PS4.

2) Connect the included USB to USB-Mini cable from the USB input on the MixAmp Pro to one of the USB ports on the front of the PS4.

3) Connect either the A40 or A30 Headset to the headset port on the front of the MixAmp Pro.

Configuring the PS4 settings.
    1) On the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Primary Output Port > Digital Out (Optical) and then select Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch followed by okay.

2) Under Audio Output Settings once again, select Output to Headphones and ensure Chat Audio is selected and not All Audio.

3) Under Audio Output Settings once more, select Audio Format (Priority) and change this from Linear PCM to Bitstream (Dolby). Anything else selected might cause the loss of surround sound or audio altogether.

- If the MixAmp Pro isn't detected by the PS4 then Output to Headphones will be grayed out under the Audio Output Settings. Simply power off the MixAmp Pro and then power it back on, the PS4 will prompt you to assign the "Headset" to a user. At this point, assign it to your user account and the Output to Headphones option should be available to you.

- If your voice chat suddenly stops working mid-game, press and hold the PlayStation button for around three seconds to pull up the quick settings. Select Adjust Device and ensure that Volume Control (Headphones) isn't grayed out and that Output to Headphones is set to Chat Audio and not All Audio.

More of a visual person? We've got a video to assist you with setting up your A40/A30 Audio System with your PS4:

Should you have any further questions regarding the A40 or A30 Audio System and PS4, please feel free to post them on this thread and we'll respond as quickly as possible with an answer for you.
    Last edited by ASTRO refraxion; 11-20-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Default I updated while the mix amp was plugged in...

How do I fix this? Delete the update and re download it?

Hi Dazzled,

Don't worry. Simply disconnect the ASTRO MixAmp Pro and restart your PS4 and then follow the steps after updating your PS4 System Software to configure the equipment correctly.

- Mitchell

Mine are working fine, except when i go to "adjust devices" and raise the volume, it is not sticking...keeps resetting to the 50% mark.

Hi KJThaDon,

I believe this is normal and not alterable when using our equipment although I will check for you.

- Mitchell

Is anybody lucky enough to have a spare ps3 chat cabe? The USB to 3.5mm that plugs into the mixamp. I had a 5.8 wireless A30 setup and mine never came with the wire. I called astro as its a discontinued item and was told they are most likely all out. Just bought a ps4 hoping these would work now my headset is useless if I want to communicate

i went out to buy an iPod shuffle cable to try and it doesn't work.

Hi drewberg11,

You can purchase a replacement PS3/PC Chat Cable for the MixAmp 5.8 through our support team at www.astrogaming.com/support while stocks last. Best to give them an email now as I know the cables will probably be selling through quite quickly due to MixAmp 5.8 users transitioning from the Xbox 360 to the PS4.

- Mitchell

Hi everyone.

I have responded to your posts directly to keep the thread clean and so you can find your answers more easily. To respond back, simple use the Reply with Quote button as usual.

Thanks,
    - Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

I have a set of Astro A50's that have working very well with the PS3. After upgrading to the PS4 I installed the latest update and installed that latest firmware for the A40's. At this time I have installed the set as directed in the post above and have lack luster mic usage. I attempted to test the mic by creating a voice message to replay or my hearing. The audio file was found to be sporadic and low in volume. Would there be any suggestions on what I may have done incorrectly? Thanks ahead for your assistance.

Hi slwt13,

When you say you updated the latest update for the A40's, could you clarify on this please? Or did you mean the latest update for the A50 Wireless Headset?

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

I do have the A40's (wired) and I simply installed the last firmware for them only after the mic didn't work on the PS4. That firmware wasn't recent but it was the lastest listed on the Astro page.

Hi slwt13,

Did the microphone work correctly on any other consoles?

- Mitchell

Hi,

I have the old A40's that use the Music Fairy for ps3 chat audio. Is there a way to get this mixamp to work with the ps4? I have to use a chat cable on the xbox 360 and it seems like if there was a way to get a cable that goes to that port and then turns into 3.5mm and into the ps4 controller it would work, but do they make those?

I don't want to have to buy a new headset to get it to work as this one works really well.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Iorv3th,

You should be able to just connect the USB Music Fairy to your PS4 and follow the instructions on first post to setup your equipment correctly.

- Mitchell

Hi im having problems with my a40...im hearing my voice in echo in the background. ..like a lag...its it my a40 or is the psn problem...for ps4...never had this problem on ps3 thanks

Hi solidmasta,

It might be another player that is causing an echo. Could you check the player screen in game and see if anyone else's microphone is lighting up?

- Mitchell