- Last updated by ASTRO Vertigo on 16/11/2013
We're sure that you're very excited to get your A40 or A30 Audio System up and running on your brand new PS4 system! We've been spending some time of our own with the PS4 and have come up with this quick setup guide which should get everything working as intended.
Remember to not connect the A40 or A30 Audio System to your PS4 until you have downloaded PS4 System Update V1.50 and can log into the PlayStation Network as this is a sign that the operating system on your PS4 is updated.
Downloading the latest operating system for your PS4.
Installing System Update V1.50 is required to use the voice communication features of the MixAmp Pro and also sign into the PlayStation Network. Please follow the below steps to install this.
1) On the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, select Settings and then System Software Update.
2) Follow the on screen instructions to download and install the latest operating system on your PS4.
Connecting the A40 or A30 Audio System to your PS4.
1) Connect the included optical cable from the optical input on the MixAmp Pro to the optical output on the back of the PS4.
2) Connect the included USB to USB-Mini cable from the USB input on the MixAmp Pro to one of the USB ports on the front of the PS4.
3) Connect either the A40 or A30 Headset to the headset port on the front of the MixAmp Pro.
Configuring the PS4 settings.
1) On the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Primary Output Port > Digital Out (Optical) and then select Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch followed by okay.
2) Under Audio Output Settings once again, select Output to Headphones and ensure Chat Audio is selected and not All Audio.
3) Under Audio Output Settings once more, select Audio Format (Priority) and change this from Linear PCM to Bitstream (Dolby). Anything else selected might cause the loss of surround sound or audio altogether.
- If the MixAmp Pro isn't detected by the PS4 then Output to Headphones will be grayed out under the Audio Output Settings. Simply power off the MixAmp Pro and then power it back on, the PS4 will prompt you to assign the "Headset" to a user. At this point, assign it to your user account and the Output to Headphones option should be available to you.
- If your voice chat suddenly stops working mid-game, press and hold the PlayStation button for around three seconds to pull up the quick settings. Select Adjust Device and ensure that Volume Control (Headphones) isn't grayed out and that Output to Headphones is set to Chat Audio and not All Audio.
More of a visual person? We've got a video to assist you with setting up your A40/A30 Audio System with your PS4:
Should you have any further questions regarding the A40 or A30 Audio System and PS4, please feel free to post them on this thread and we'll respond as quickly as possible with an answer for you.