Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting the Astro A40's to the new Xbox 360 E

Default Connecting the Astro A40's to the new Xbox 360 E

So i literally just got my Astro's in the mail from Amazon. I opened the box to find that the mix amp box said compatible with xbox,ps3 and pc.... but on the headset box it only said pc?

The biggest issue here is that i just bought the new xbox 360 E and it does not have a optical cable port? So what do i do?

I have tried just plugging the headset into my laptop with just using the headphone jack cable and the sound is very quiet (I dont know if that is because i am meant to use the mix amp)

Please help... im sure many other people are going to be having this problem

Thnaks

So I did a little digging around and the new xbox 360e console does not have a optical port as you said. Why they would do this is beyond me. Your going to have to source the audio from the hdmi port and will need some sort of hdmi audio converter. Here's an article from Turtle Beach explaining the situation/solution. Second link is the monoprice version of the HDMI audio converter.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/830517528

http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_...t=1#largeimage

Edit: I forgot to mention if you are having mic issues make sure you update the mixamp firmware. Read up on this thread.
    http://forums.astrogaming.com/showth...y-14th-2013%29
    Last edited by falcon2081; 08-22-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks a lot... but i mean i shouldn't have to spend another $50 dollars should i?! Is there any other cheaper adapters that i could use?

Also i use the hdmi port on my Xbox to go into my computer monitor... will i still be able to use it?

would this be able to work ? http://www.amazon.com/Hdmi-Cable-Ada.../dp/B001S5CCF2
    Last edited by JordanShand; 08-22-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanShand View Post
    Thanks a lot... but i mean i shouldn't have to spend another $50 dollars should i?! Is there any other cheaper adapters that i could use?

Also i use the hdmi port on my Xbox to go into my computer monitor... will i still be able to use it?
    It looks like that's your only option unfortunately. Yes you will be able to use your HDMI cable on your computer monitor. You just will need 2 of them. All you have to do is hook up the HDMI cable to the xbox and the other end goes to the HDMI audio converter "IN" port then take the other HDMI cable and hook it up to the "OUT" port on the audio converter and put that in computer monitor. That's pretty much it. If you take a look at the pictures from the monoprice link everything is self explanatory. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanShand View Post

would this be able to work ? http://www.amazon.com/Hdmi-Cable-Ada.../dp/B001S5CCF2
    That will work yes. I have that for my Xbox and it works perfectly. It allows the HDMI cable to plug in and use Astro headset. Run the optical cable to the mix amp from that adapter and that is it. Plug your HDMI to from the Xbox to the monitor/t.v. you are using and BAM. You can play HDMI and use your headset.

Thanks a bunch for your help

Hi JordanShand,

It appears that you have had your A40 Headset and MixAmp Pro shipped separately which is why you have an A40 PC Headset. There is no difference besides the cable that runs from your A40 Headset to the MixAmp/Computer. On your cable, next to the microphone mute switch, there is a dial that controls your volume. Ensure this is set to the maximum position and that should make the audio loud and clear from your computer and your MixAmp.

Regarding the optical output. You will have to use the method that @falcon2081 suggested as the Xbox 360 does not contain an optical output. The HDMI AV Adapter which you suggested will not fit into the Xbox 360 E Console as the slot was removed and was replaced with a 3.5mm AV Output. I can only apologise for the inconvenience as it's a move Microsoft has made which is out of our control.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Default Does the Mic work too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
    That will work yes. I have that for my Xbox and it works perfectly. It allows the HDMI cable to plug in and use Astro headset. Run the optical cable to the mix amp from that adapter and that is it. Plug your HDMI to from the Xbox to the monitor/t.v. you are using and BAM. You can play HDMI and use your headset.
    I bought the new Xbox 360 E and a new benq XL2420 monitor. I am planing on buying the Monoprice convertor, but I am wondering how the mic will work ? Is the convertor enough, will it take care of both the headphone audio and mic ?

Your voice is sent via the cable that connects to the controller. So using this adaptor will have no effect at all.

Quote Originally Posted by callmeyesh View Post
    I bought the new Xbox 360 E and a new benq XL2420 monitor. I am planing on buying the Monoprice convertor, but I am wondering how the mic will work ? Is the convertor enough, will it take care of both the headphone audio and mic ?
    Hi callmeyesh,

An Xbox LIVE Controller Cable is connected between your MixAmp Pro 2013 Edition and the Xbox 360 Controller for the microphone. The optical able only handles game audio.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |