Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: A50's mic not working on PS3..... worked fine on Xbox 360

Default A50's mic not working on PS3..... worked fine on Xbox 360

So i bought the A50's for COD last year and they have worked great with the Xbox 360, but now I just recently tried to use them on the PS3 and the mic doesn't work at all.

And before someone tells me to upgrade firmware, or change the Audio Settings to Astro, and also Optical with only Dolby Dig 5.1.... I have already done both and the mic still doesn't work. Anyone else have any ideas????? Another issue is that the stupid USB cord from the mixamp won't even work on my PS3 !! Says there is not the right power source or something..

Question is: Are the A50's unuseable on the PS3, because if so, I would like my money back.

Hi fonz5000,

The A50 Wireless Headset is fully compatible with the PS3. I use the same setup myself.

If your PS3 is sending an error to your screen regarding the USB power, then this is possibly the cause of the issue as your PS3 is not correctly powering the transmitter causing it to fail. Could you try the following below to see if it helps with your issue?

1) Turn off your PS3.

2) Disconnect all USB devices including USB hubs from your console so all the USB ports are now clear and not in use.

3) Turn on your PS3. Once the XrossMediaBar has loaded, connect the A50 MixAmp TX to the first USB on the console located nearest the left.

4) Switch on your A50 Wireless Heaset. Go to Settings > Accessory Settings > Audio Device Settings and see if the PS3 is now able to use your microphone.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

I was able to get the USB port to work, but still nothing on the Mic. Actually now, when i go into Accessory Settings, there isn't even an option for ASTRO anymore. I can hear the game just fine through the headphones, but the mic still doesn't work at all.

Hi fonz5000,

It's strange that the ASTRO Wireless Transmitter is not showing up on your PS3 Accessory Settings. If possible, could you try and connect the USB cable from the A50 MixAmp TX to your PC and let me know if the microphone shows up as an option under Windows please?

Thanks,
    - Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |