Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: Astro A40s 2013 vs A50s

Default Astro A40s 2013 vs A50s

Hello everyone ,

I will buy an Astro , but I dont know which one is the right for me :-( I play at my desk , so wires are ok , but i like wireless more. The problem is i heard that the A50s are not as comfortable as the A40s and the A50s had got problems with the sound and the mic. :-( Everyone who has got both headsets use the A40s , but why ?

Sorry for mistakes , I'm german :-)

If you like wireless more go for the a50s. Both sound the same to me. Both are comfortable

ok thanks ! :-) but i'll wait for the A40s 2014 and A50s 2014 maybe than the A50s or A40s had more pros :-)

Why wait for something that you dont even know exists? Astro doesnt put out a new headset every year

but the made it 2011 , 2012 and 2013 so maybe the the put out a new headset 2014

They did not have 2011 editions as far as I know. 2012 editions just had new ear pads and a new mic. 2013 was really the first time they gave them an upgrade

i think I'll go with the A50s when they are without problems after the last patch , because i think the A40s are for competive gamers whos plays at lans or are MLG player. But are they as Comfortable as the A40s even they're heavier ? and can i play for hours with it without pressure and pains on my ears ? the only problem is , i love the design of the A40s in white sooo much :-( but design is not all i've heard that the A50s had a heavier bass , because they're closed , is this right ?

P.s how is my english because it's "school-english" ^^ hope i dont make too much mistakes

The A50s are only slightly heavier than the A40s, but they're just as comfortable due to the generous amount of padding, deep earcups, and circumaural design. So yes, you can play for hour on end without experiencing ear fatigue .

If you're dead-set on white, you might wait a little while c;

:-OOOOOO I'll wait a litte time ^^ but i dont know , because i heard from many people that they have problems with their A50 before and after the patch :-( but wires are no problem, because i play at my desk i wait a litte while and than we'll see ^^