Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox one

Default Xbox one

Does anyone know if astro is making a headset for the xbox one, even though turtle beach has already signed a deal?

Hi curtaincall317,

The A50 Wireless Headset and A40/A30 Audio Systems will all take advantage of the TOSLINK optical output featured on the Xbox One to deliver full Dolby Digital 7.1 Surround Sound. However, no current ASTRO Gaming products will deliver voice chat due to the Xbox One's proprietary voice chat connection.

We are working with Microsoft on possible Xbox One licensing for ASTRO products. We can't comment further at this time, but stay tuned to our social media such as the forums, twitter, facebook and the blog for more updates.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Well I really hope so!! I love astro!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO Vertigo View Post
    Hi curtaincall317,

The A50 Wireless Headset and A40/A30 Audio Systems will all take advantage of the TOSLINK optical output featured on the Xbox One to deliver full Dolby Digital 7.1 Surround Sound. However, no current ASTRO Gaming products will deliver voice chat due to the Xbox One's proprietary voice chat connection.

We are working with Microsoft on possible Xbox One licensing for ASTRO products. We can't comment further at this time, but stay tuned to our social media such as the forums, twitter, facebook and the blog for more updates.

- Mitchell
    Any news on ps4 compatibility hopefully it will be the same as ps3 but new controller pics look like a headset port or something on bottom

Hi scott420247,

Like the Xbox One, our A50 Wireless Headset and A40/A30 Audio Systems will all take advantage of the optical output features on the PS4 to deliver full Dolby Digital 7.1 Surround Sound. However, we're currently uncertain on how the PS4 will deliver voice chat. When we have more clarity on this, we will address this question formally.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

Hi scott420247,

Like the Xbox One, our A50 Wireless Headset and A40/A30 Audio Systems will all take advantage of the optical output features on the PS4 to deliver full Dolby Digital 7.1 Surround Sound. However, we're currently uncertain on how the PS4 will deliver voice chat. When we have more clarity on this, we will address this question formally.

- Mitchell
    Thnx for reply mitchell,, hopefully they stick with usb mic option...ill keep an eye here for future updates..

Hi scott420247,

Absolutely. If Sony does stay with the USB microphone option like on the PS3, then our products should just work plug and play. I'll bookmark this thread and when I have any updates for you, I'll make a post

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

Hi curtaincall317,

- Mitchell
    Any news yet on the licensing i have the A40 wireless and would really wish it could just plug and play, thats a lot of money.. not wasted but spent.

Hi ericyo,

I don't have much more information to share at this time other than what was posted on our blog, but I will repost it just in case you missed it. Any further information, I will keep you up to date.

Regarding whether our current ASTRO products will work with the new XBox One and PlayStation 4, based on further dialog at E3, here’s what we can share at this time:

RE: PlayStation 4. Should work fine with our current products, but we’ll confirm in the coming weeks.

RE: Xbox One. We’re working closely with Xbox to create the best ASTRO audio solution.

For either or both systems, we may provide an upgrade path to our customers who purchased earlier this year or maybe even a trade-in program, but that decision is still to be determined.

To be clear, we are in discussions with both Sony and Microsoft to secure the required next-generation licenses to develop new licensed products for both the PS4 and Xbox One. But we’re not rushing anything to market – we’re going through our proprietary design process; getting input from our pro teams and industry experts, to ensure that products by ASTRO will produce the best game audio and voice-com experience for our customers and eSports teams, worldwide.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

I could be completely wrong in this but since the setup is completely the same in regards to audio. Wouldn't the chat be accommodated by simply replacing the audio cable with a USB end containing the right pin-out for for voice chat assuming MS provided that pin-out?