Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: Astro A40 Wireless with Mac

Default Astro A40 Wireless with Mac

So I'm wanting to connect my 2011 edition Astro A40 Wireless up to my iMac. I want to be able to use if for skype calls so I can Cod cast. But still be able to hear the xbox sound. Plus also be able to use them on my Mac when playing LoL and skype calling as well.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

You can connect the optical cable to your console and the usb cable to your mac for skype.

Ok so just get a usb and go straight from the tx unit, into the back of my Mac and it should work? Also, how about when I want to play LoL and use the headset? How do I make the sound go through the Astros AND voice through skype?

The USB connection will provide you with voice communication and stereo audio when connected to your PC. Make sure to select this as your default ouput and recording device in your Mac's audio settings.

ok so just quickly, what type of USB do I use? Because every one I find is like USB A-B. Now I can see the 2 usb ports on the back of the tx unit, and the ones on my computer are the same. So, what cable do I get as I can't seem to find a USB cable with the same connection at both ends.

Hi XFAcePunch,

As you are using the MixAmp 5.8, you will need to use the optional PS3/PC Chat Cable which connects from the AUX Port to the USB Port on this computer. If this cable is not included in your box, then you will be able to purchase one from our support team at www.astrogaming.com/support.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

ok so the cord wasn't included. Can I purchase any USB to AUX cable from my local store? Also, I assume this wont provide game audio from my Mac as well. How do I achieve voice AND game audio from my Mac?

Thanks again

Hi XFAcePunch,

The PS3/PC Chat Cable is the only one that is compatible with our MixAmp 5.8 so you will need to contact our support team to obtain this cable. It will provide the ability to gain both Game and Voice audio along with your microphone from your computer although it will all be provided through the voice channel of your MixAmp in stereo.

If you wish to split these so you can mix between game and voice on your MixAmp, you will need to connect the MixAmp 5.8 to your computer via the optical cable and PS3/PC Chat Cable although you will not be able to receive any audio from your Xbox 360.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |