Mixamp 2013 Setup in Windows 8
Recently, I built a new gaming PC with a motherboard that has an optical audio port and decided to go with Windows 8. I love using my 2013 A40s and Mixamp Pro with my PS3, so I tried setting it up on the PC. However, the instructions that came with the A40s only have Windows 7 Pro setup and try as I might, I can't figure out how to do it in Windows 8. I have already tried Google with no results. Thank you in advance for help.
Thanks for your enquiry.
Setting up the equipment with Windows 8 is almost the same as Windows 7, the only difference is getting into your sound options.
1) Connect the MixAmp Pro 2013 Edition to your computer via the optical cable and USB Cable.
2) Move the mouse to the top right of your screen and select search.
3) Type in Control Panel and then select the Control Panel Application.
4) Select Hardware and Sound and then Sound.
5) Under the playback devices, right click on your optical output and select Set as Default Device. Right click on the MixAmp Pro and select Set as Default Communications Device.
At this stage, your equipment should be working as intended and you should be hearing audio through the game side of the MixAmp. If you're not, try the following.
1) Select the optical output under your playback devices and select properties on the lower right.
2) Under the Supported Formats, ensure that only Dolby Digital is selected and the highest sample rate selected is 48.0 kHz.
3) Under the advanced tab, ensure that the sample rate is set to 48,000 Hz or lower or Dolby Digital LIVE if you have that option.
I hope this helps with your enquiry. If you still need any assistance in setting up your equipment, please let us know.
You're very welcome. Please let us know if you have any further questions or need any other assistance.
Nope, it works really well. Thanks again.