Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Astro A40 Sound Card 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghiyath View Post
    Oh ye! I ordered the Creative titanium sound card, and when I get it il post what I think about it
    Thanks socks, very helpful and responded fast enough for me to order it today.
    good choice. I bought the stx since im a music enthusiest of sorts and needed the music side to go along with my sennheisers. Since you are buying a purely "gaming" card, you made a great choice!

Quote Originally Posted by blacktiger826 View Post
    good choice. I bought the stx since im a music enthusiest of sorts and needed the music side to go along with my sennheisers. Since you are buying a purely "gaming" card, you made a great choice!
    I heard the stx is pretty solid for music. However the headphone surround sound for gaming is kinda meh

its alright. Its good enough that I still can hear footsteps and know where people are. But yea the stx is a music enthusiast sound card that can game rather than a gaming sound card that can play music.

I almost pulled the trigger on that card. Glad I didnt

Well, I did get the sound card, but for some reason it works as "Speakers" in the playback but not "SPDIF Out". I still get stereo 2.0, so how do I setup my astro to this card? Any links? I did connect my astro optical cable to the back of the sound card, but when I enable SPDDIF Out, no sound.

Edit: So, the creative game mode software mixer thingy works fine, but when I playa game or youtube, i can hear a bit, the volume is very very very low.

*Facepalm* I put my Astro mixamp to the game volume side so i couldnt hear the voices in youtube. So everything works...

The question is, is there a different between "Speakers" or "SPDIF Out"?
    Last edited by Ghiyath; 02-26-2013 at 07:35 PM.

For the ddl surround sound your going to want to have your system set to speakers instead of spdif out... Not sure why to be honest. All I know is thats the way it is lol. Wish I could explain that better

Do i need x-fi crystallizer, x-fi CMSS-3D enabled? Or even EAX Effects?

turn off xfi/eax effects

xfi cmss-3d is a surround sound simulating feature. Kind of like what the mixamp does. So if you want to take out your mixamp and just plug the headset into the card, turn on cmss-3d and check out how that simulated surround sounds. Some like it, others dont. I personally think its great

Quote Originally Posted by SocksWthSandals View Post
    if you want to use the mixamp, any sound card with optical and dolby digital live will do just fine. make sure it has ddl though as that is what you will need for surround sound audio

the stx is a great card for a balance of gaming/music. If you are into just gaming maybe check out creatives titanium hd. Its a bit cheaper and has pretty great sound. Also has swappable op amps if thats something your into. Honestly you cant go wrong with either. Both are considered audiophile cards

Hey man it's awhile the last time you have been on this thread. But I need help. It's much later and I am investing In astro a40s so would you still recommend these cards. I need help. And you sound like you know about this topic