Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: Do Astro A50s have advantage over professional headphones such as Sennheiser series?

Default Do Astro A50s have advantage over professional headphones such as Sennheiser series?

I asked several audio savvy people about Astro A50s and I was recommended to go with more expensive Sennheiser 650 or 600 as their specs are excellent and supposedly way better for music and movies. I mostly game and watch movies. I care for quality a lot but I also care about positioning. I know the whole Dolby Digital is a bit of a gimmick because sound waves are always analogue, so A50s conver digital to analogue as the last step. I still went with Astros because I did not have Asus Xonar or similar card with Dolby Headphone support. I get Dolby Digital Live 5.1 with great positioning. But what advantage do they have over the pro sets like more expensive Sennheiser series headphones?

If you've got the money for sennheisers then go that route. If you haven't already read this forum then I suggest that you do so and if that doesn't deter you from buying astro I don't know what will. My a50's were fubar out of the box but since I bought them locally I took them right back and ran away from astro.

My set works fine... - no issues at all except I do not know if they support full dynamic range or only limited range. It was easy to install - pretty much Plug & Play.