Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom presets coming?

Default Custom presets coming?

I have heard something about possible custom presets coming to the headsets. Is this true and if so, is it going to be available for the a40 as well as the a50?

Hi Murderstyle75,

We will be bringing the Custom EQ settings to both the A50 Wireless Headset and MixAmp Pro 2013 Edition in the near future. Stay tuned to our blog for further information regarding this.

Thanks,
    - Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Sounds great. Do we know anything about it yet such as if I will have to upgrade my sound card to get any kind of use out of it? And if so, would there be any downloadable presets as well from both Astro and the community for those of us without the proper hardware to fully use our mixamps on the PC?

Hi Murderstyle75,

Although I don't have much detail on it at the moment, from what I understand, the EQ Customizer will allow you to alter all three EQ settings on the A50 Wireless Headset and all four EQ settings on the MixAmp Pro 2013 Edition to your own liking using the ASTRO Device Manager which is also used to update your firmware.

Regarding your hardware. The EQ Settings on the A50 Wireless Headset affects audio sent to the TOSLINK Optical Input and AUX Port and the EQ Settings on the MixAmp Pro 2013 Edition affects audio sent to the OPT In when using the included TOSLINK Optical Cable or 3.5mm stereo cable.

As long as you are running audio the correct way as above, you should be fine to use the EQ Settings as intended. If you need this explaining into more detail, please let us know and we will be able to assist.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

Back and forth from Southern Oklahoma and Edinburgh Scotland

Yeah I cannot wait for a custom EQ setting if they add one to a firmware later. Gonna be sweet.

-Jon
    Astro A40 2013 Edition in Black with Mixamp Pro - Astro Scout Backpack - Hauppauge HD PVR2 Gaming Edition - Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 - PS3 Slim - XBL GT: JoKeRs FuRy - PSN ID: JoKeRs_FuRy - PC Specs: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz CPU, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair 8GB Memory, EVGA GTX 660 FTW S2 Edition Video Card, inside an Antec 1200 V3 Case

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO Vertigo View Post
    Hi Murderstyle75,

We will be bringing the Custom EQ settings to both the A50 Wireless Headset and MixAmp Pro 2013 Edition in the near future. Stay tuned to our blog for further information regarding this.

Thanks,
    - Mitchell
    Do you know a month or a season when the preset's will come because we have been waiting since the 2013 a40's came out in November.

Hi Iacob,

I don't have a ETA at this time. Sorry.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

Sounds great! Let us know on any new developments!

OMG, these STILL aren't out yet?!?!?!

So whenever it happens, does anybody know if we will be able to download other custom modes from both users and Astro or will we only be using our own?