Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: Potential customer

Default Potential customer

I was recommended to pick up a set of Astro's from a friend who bought a set a few years ago and swears by them and I was looking at my local bestbuy website and browsed the reviews... that was not a good sign.. so I decided to check the official forums.. also not a good sign. I'd recommend you guys clean up your production issues, it's starting to not look too good.

Just wanted to let you know, I'll look elsewhere.

Hi Exception,

Sorry to hear that initial impressions weren't too good for you and that you are going to look elsewhere. As with any electronic, it can occur an issue including the ASTRO Headsets although we try our hardest to ensure that this doesn't happen and in the case that it does, our support team will be on standby to assist and resolve it in the quickest amount of time possible.

Admittedly, the A50 Wireless Headset did occur some hiccups during launch although we have resolved most of these via a downloadable firmware update that will probably be already installed on your headset and transmitter.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns and we can try and clear those up for you.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Back and forth from Southern Oklahoma and Edinburgh Scotland

My entire gaming team has had both the 2010's and the 2013 A40s and not a single one of us has had a problem from our ASTROs yet, you need to take in consideration that ASTRO sells hundreds of thousands of these and these reviews are only from the ones who just have something bad to say about them. People USUALLY only leave a review due to the fact that they didn't like them or did not know how to operate them correctly. It would be one of the best purchases you would ever make, don't listen to other people IMO, just because someone says leap off the cliff because it is the right thing to do doesn't mean you have to do it though. Think for yourself and don't worry about the dumb reviews and do your own review, if you don't like them, take them back. Hassle free.

-Jon
    Astro A40 2013 Edition in Black with Mixamp Pro - Astro Scout Backpack - Hauppauge HD PVR2 Gaming Edition - Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 - PS3 Slim - XBL GT: JoKeRs FuRy - PSN ID: JoKeRs_FuRy - PC Specs: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz CPU, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair 8GB Memory, EVGA GTX 660 FTW S2 Edition Video Card, inside an Antec 1200 V3 Case

Quote Originally Posted by Jokers Fury View Post
    My entire gaming team has had both the 2010's and the 2013 A40s and not a single one of us has had a problem from our ASTROs yet, you need to take in consideration that ASTRO sells hundreds of thousands of these and these reviews are only from the ones who just have something bad to say about them. People USUALLY only leave a review due to the fact that they didn't like them or did not know how to operate them correctly. It would be one of the best purchases you would ever make, don't listen to other people IMO, just because someone says leap off the cliff because it is the right thing to do doesn't mean you have to do it though. Think for yourself and don't worry about the dumb reviews and do your own review, if you don't like them, take them back. Hassle free.

-Jon
    I have to say, I returned my Astro A50 3x at GameStop. The sales associate inform that it's been like this most of the time. Plus, they haven't fix the ps3 USB problem. And don't judge, I play xbox also and the issue is still a problem. Anyway, I fixed it by just buying another brand. And your comment of leaping off a cliff is irrevalent, if customers from best buy, astro forum, youtube, and GameStop has practically the same complaints, it's got to be true. Want to give example of friends, I have two friends who are currently having trouble with astro a40 2013. Of 2 months wait, they finally got an email consisting of ups info for a refund. To conclude, if there wasn't any problem with the new astro products, then why does it take so much time to get a response for support? That means there was a lot of complaints and astro was just overwhelmed. So please, don't say any lies. Example, "hassle free." Read the forums and other websites before you back up Astros.

Back and forth from Southern Oklahoma and Edinburgh Scotland

Most people claim they don't work because they don't know what they are doing. My entire team and I use ours for PC, XB360, and PS3. Not a single one of us has ha any issues and have worked flawlessly out of the box without any firmware update or cable replacements. I'd be glad to gather the team and try to ring up our receipts of you don't believe me. Just because you read a few reviews and assume they aren't good you shouldn't flame our forums about it. I stand behind ASTRO because they are incredible headsets. I have bought 3 sets of A40s not because of them breaking, but because they came out with a new versions. I don't have to lie to you and don't assume I am. Making assumptions is what brought you on the forum to flame and make it obvious of your existence.

-Jon
    Astro A40 2013 Edition in Black with Mixamp Pro - Astro Scout Backpack - Hauppauge HD PVR2 Gaming Edition - Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 - PS3 Slim - XBL GT: JoKeRs FuRy - PSN ID: JoKeRs_FuRy - PC Specs: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz CPU, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair 8GB Memory, EVGA GTX 660 FTW S2 Edition Video Card, inside an Antec 1200 V3 Case

Quote Originally Posted by Jokers Fury View Post
    Most people claim they don't work because they don't know what they are doing. My entire team and I use ours for PC, XB360, and PS3. Not a single one of us has ha any issues and have worked flawlessly out of the box without any firmware update or cable replacements. I'd be glad to gather the team and try to ring up our receipts of you don't believe me. Just because you read a few reviews and assume they aren't good you shouldn't flame our forums about it. I stand behind ASTRO because they are incredible headsets. I have bought 3 sets of A40s not because of them breaking, but because they came out with a new versions. I don't have to lie to you and don't assume I am. Making assumptions is what brought you on the forum to flame and make it obvious of your existence.

-Jon
    Omg, how narrow minded are you?. I just said I had to return 3 headsets and they all didn't work. My friend headset was only good for a month. My other friend's headset was good for 2 months. Read all the forums and you can see there is a lot of complaints. How much proof do you need? Btw, I'm here on this forum to warn people that Astro heads aren't reliable...not to claim my existence. Btw, I do know how to work them. Doesn't take a genius to read the quick start manual. If you say astro has great headsets, please do explain the 3 headsets that I had to exchange and finally get a refund at GameStop dues to power issue and mic problem. Oh btw, buying a USB hub fixed the power issue, but why do I have to cough up more money for a headset that already going to cost an arm and a leg.

Hi Jon and Rcoronel,

Please try and be friendly towards one another. We don't like arguments in our forums unless they are friendly and productive.

Thanks,
    - Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |