Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: Bluetooth!

Thumbs up Bluetooth!

The a50's need to have bluetooth chat like Turtle Beach. The chat cable always pops out when i am talking to my friends in an important game (like round 25 on COD zombies). It would be nice to answer phone calls on the a50's with bluetooth, because when i have my a50's on i cant hear my phone when someone calls. That would be amazing for a firmware update. For the bluetooth chat cable, make it like 15-20 dollars on the Astro website.

Hi Thekinnay,

The A50 Wireless Headset does not support Bluetooth and it wouldn't be possible to add it over a firmware update. Thanks for the suggestion however.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Back and forth from Southern Oklahoma and Edinburgh Scotland

Yeah it would be nice but for phone calls, I usually plug my phone into my mixamp mp3 port so it comes blasting through my A40s lol. If I don't my wife may make me sleep on the couch. Haha
    Astro A40 2013 Edition in Black with Mixamp Pro - Astro Scout Backpack - Hauppauge HD PVR2 Gaming Edition - Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 - PS3 Slim - XBL GT: JoKeRs FuRy - PSN ID: JoKeRs_FuRy - PC Specs: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz CPU, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair 8GB Memory, EVGA GTX 660 FTW S2 Edition Video Card, inside an Antec 1200 V3 Case

Quote Originally Posted by Jokers Fury View Post
    Yeah it would be nice but for phone calls, I usually plug my phone into my mixamp mp3 port so it comes blasting through my A40s lol. If I don't my wife may make me sleep on the couch. Haha

Something I tried the other day actually made my iPhone work with my MixAmp Pro for making and receiving calls while gaming. I tested it with Pizza Hut although I need to do further testing so try at your own risk.

1) Connect the PC Headset Y-Adapter into your iPhone or Smartphone (if supported by 4-pole).

2) Connect a 3.5mm stereo cable from the daisy-chain port on your MixAmp Pro to the pink microphone input on the PC Headset Y-Adapter.

3) Connect a 3.5mm stereo cable from the MP3 Input on the MixAmp Pro to the green output on the PC Headset Y-Adapter.

You can still play music as normal and also make a phone call as the iPhone/Smartphone will now receive the microphone from the daisy-chain port (your A40 or A30 Headset). You will however have to alter the volume of the iPhone using the side buttons or the on screen display.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |