Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: Could the Xi3 7A Modular™ Computer outshine the new XBOX 720 & PS4?

Default Could the Xi3 7A Modular™ Computer outshine the new XBOX 720 & PS4?

The Xi3Corp revealed the 7 series modular computer at CES 2013 & I read that Xi3 and Valve (Steam for PC gamers) have been working together with the 7 series for cloud gaming. It is called project Piston and developed to run Steam in Big Picture mode for the living room with Valve's support. The true specs are not in yet but you can go to YouTube channel Xi3Corp & see what they said at the Pepcom. Even tho this looks good, the price tag of $1,000 just for the PC it self needs to drop BIG time to be successful over the PS3/720/WiiU/ & Ouya. If you buy it you still need a keyboard, mouse, windows, & monitor but they say its parts are easy to upgrade. What do you guys think of this Xi3 competing in the console war. Now b4 you bash it...see the video, in my opinion I wish PC can end this war but PC's are still complicated too hard understand for most. I posted this because I'm cheering for PC to win even tho I have an XBOX 360 & a PS3 to boot. Its just that it sucks that all my accessory's like my ASTRO A50's, HD PVR, AKG podcasting MIC & Canon printer work so much better on PC's. The only thing that consoles keep me interested is because of the community ONLY. Please let me now if this Xi3 7 series worth it?

Back and forth from Southern Oklahoma and Edinburgh Scotland

Small case is bad design overall, this thing is going to overheat so fast it will be like a kitchen in your room, second off, you can't get anything that powerful out of something that small, I'm sorry, but in today's day and age technology doesn't allow it. Maybe in about 5-10 years, but not now, I think it is a bit ahead of its time, but is a great concept itself.
    Astro A40 2013 Edition in Black with Mixamp Pro - Astro Scout Backpack - Hauppauge HD PVR2 Gaming Edition - Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 - PS3 Slim - XBL GT: JoKeRs FuRy - PSN ID: JoKeRs_FuRy - PC Specs: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz CPU, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair 8GB Memory, EVGA GTX 660 FTW S2 Edition Video Card, inside an Antec 1200 V3 Case

If I could see benchmarks of it running a game on at LEAST medium on a full 1920x1080 with a stable 59-60 FPS, then I will be impressed, until then, nope.
    Astro A40 2013 Edition in Black with Mixamp Pro - Astro Scout Backpack - Hauppauge HD PVR2 Gaming Edition - Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 - PS3 Slim - XBL GT: JoKeRs FuRy - PSN ID: JoKeRs_FuRy - PC Specs: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz CPU, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair 8GB Memory, EVGA GTX 660 FTW S2 Edition Video Card, inside an Antec 1200 V3 Case

Here is the only specs I can find on the X7A PC http://xi3.org/x7a-modular-computer.php

Yeah I looked at them shortly after I put this post up, they definitely aren't for gaming I can tell you that haha.