Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: No sound from a50

Default No sound from a50

I got the astro a50 today and started installing it. I didn't know much about how to do but I did my best and I'm pretty sure that I made it right. I didn't know that I didn't have an optical output on my motherboard so I bought the asus xonar dg hoping that it should work. Now, I installed it correctly and I can see both the soundcard and astro a50 in the device manager and well, there it says that it runs correctly.

So, the problem is that I don't get any sound from the headset, I've tried everything I can come up with but nothin has helped. The headset is on yet I can't hear anything, I have paired it several times. It's probably just me being stupid not knowing what I did wrong but I would love to get help from someone who really know things about this so I can use my awaited headset.

Hi LimeDude,

Have you made sure the ASUS Xonar Optical Output is selected as your default playback device and that the optical cable is running from the output on your sound card to the input on the transmitter. It's an easy mistake to connect to the wrong ports.

Could you also hold the game button on the A50 Wireless Headset for around ten seconds and then scroll the master volume up for around ten seconds just in case everything was reset to default.

Let us know if that doesn't resolve the issue and we can look at troubleshooting further.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Thanks a lot for the fast reply, I really appriciate it. I did what you suggested but I still can't get it to work. I don't know if I succeeded reseting the a50 because I didn't know what to expect.

I don't know if this will help but when I turn my mixamp the surround sound button won't light up, niether can I turn it on. Is it something wrong with the mixamp or is it just my sound card not being able to support it?

Hi LimeDude,

We do have a fix for the Dolby button which is very easy and will only take around a week. Please view the thread below for more information.

http://forums.astrogaming.com/showth...tro-s-founders

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |