Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A50's with no sound!

Default A50's with no sound!

I received my A50's around 12 hours ago. I have, for the past 12 hours been trying to get them to work.

The dolby light on the tx has never once come on.

I have plugged my ipod into the AUX port and no sound is being transmitted to the headset.

I have upgraded frimware for both the tx and headset, still no joy.

I reset back to factory firmware. Still no joy.

I upgraded firmware again and left the tx unplugged for over 2 hours. Still no joy

I reset to factory and left unplugged for 2 hours. Still no joy.

The headset switches off when I turn off the TX so I know they are paired.

I still have no reply from the ticket.

Its now the 19th of December for me and my long anticipated and hard saved for headset is not working and im worried if I am forced to send it back for replacement I will not receive it back till after xmas.

I am monumentally disappointed and upset. Further more I am quite angry there is no phone support or even a live chat support.

Please help!!!

bumpity bump

Ok i'll jump in and ask the questions you can expect to hear from Mitchell or any of the other Mods next:

What system are you using your headset with? PC, PS3 or XBOX
    Did you make sure the caps are beeing removed from the optical cable? ( Yes, they would ask you that )
    Did you try another optical cable or usb cable to power the TX unit? ( The USB cables are known to be faulty sometimes )
    Have you turned up the volume? The FW update resets loudness to 0 by standard.

Support tickets might as well take up to a week to get responded to, so expect no short term solution from there.

Im using them with my PC.

The optical caps are removed. (Though this wont affect the AUX port.)

I have tried every combination of USB cables.

The volume is up.

I have literally tried every possible documented fix on the internet and still nothing.

I see. I just wanted to verify that it's not just the AUX port showing that effect.

How can you tell the volume is up if you have no sound? Just kidding.

Do you have a spare USB Hub to try with? It seems the TX units are very picky when it comes to USB Power. So, it might light up but its not working properly.

It's the only thing that might help, although it's not supposed to be like that!! It's a user fix but it solves a know issue for the PS3 slim and has fixed issues for other people on different platforms as well.

Already tried the USB hub thing.

...................................bump

Hi UrzuS3V3N,

As the Dolby light is not activating on the A50 Transmitter, you will need to contact our support team to have this issue resolved. There is not much troubleshooting I can give over the forum regarding this issue.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

I already have, I would be quicker gettin the train to Kent myself.

I submitted a ticket and 24 hours later, no response.

I had a ticket from previously regarding the delivery time and that was responded to, so I sent the following in reply to the agent that contacted me.

Thank you for your response Adam,

I recieved my A50's at approx 2am on Tuesday... only to find they do no function.

Logged a ticket under

CASE *HIDDEN*

The dolby light on the tx has never once come on.

I have plugged my ipod into the AUX port and no sound is being transmitted to the headset.

I have upgraded frimware for both the tx and headset, still no joy.

I reset back to factory firmware. Still no joy.

I upgraded firmware again and left the tx unplugged for over 2 hours. Still no joy

I reset to factory and left unplugged for 2 hours. Still no joy.

The headset switches off when I turn off the TX so I know they are paired.

Its now the 19th of December for me and my long anticipated and hard saved for headset is not working and im worried if I am forced to send it back for replacement I will not receive it back till after xmas.

I am monumentally disappointed and upset. Further more I am quite angry there is no phone support or even a live chat support.

This is my first ever Astro product since they are usually way out of my price range and after waiting and saving for the A50's I am saddened that a known issue like this is still happening.

As stated by the letter from the founders of Astro, visible on the forums:

"Since the fix is extremely easy and takes a small amount of time to complete, we expect to be able to turn these repairs around in about a week from receipt, if not faster."

I am perplexed why, if its so easy to fix, these products are not being tested properly before shipment to avoid such heartache in the customers paying such high prices for a 'premium' product.

I hope you can understand my frustration and anger at this time and if possible can you please address this as soon as possible, by arranging for a replacement product to be shipped to me (along with a return postage label for the faulty one) so that I may have my A50's functional before Christmas.

If this is not possible and it cannot be guaranteed that I will have functional A50's before Christmas, please can you arrange for a return and refund.

Many thanks in advance,

Duane

----------------------

Since this email, I have tried MANY MANY MANY more times to get this working.

Technical term... 'Goosed' not willing to waste any more time troubleshooting, its a clear RTM and fix/replace.

Can you make sure my ticket is not sitting at the bottom of an inbox somewhere?

-------------------------------------------------------

btw, I leterally just recieved an email from Astro with my tracking code for UPS... 24 hours AFTER IT WAS DELIVERED!!!!

Hi UrzuS3V3N,

You should hear from Adam by the end of today. If you don't, please let me know and I will mark your support case for review.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Really sorry for you,
    I can't believe that I bought the a50 a few days back. I live in Israel and there's no easy way to get it fixed if I get a defective one to.
    I don't know what I'll do. I paid so much + around 70$ more to get it shipped over here.