Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: A few Astro A50 Problems

Default A few Astro A50 Problems

First off, let me start by saying that these are on the newest firmware.

I have 2 big problems:

1. The microphone feedback only comes on maybe 1 out of 5 times. I have to keep shutting it off and on until eventually it will give me mic feedback.

and the bigger issue right now:

2. While playing and talking with a friend my headset cut out temporarily then came back. The game audio stayed the same but the my friend's voice audio dropped a ton. I can't adjust this because every single button on the A50 is not responding. I can't adjust game/voice balance, I can't adjust volume and I CAN'T SHUT IT OFF!!! Without being able to shut it off and therefore reset it, I cannot hear my friend or adjust anything.

Please help me...

Ok... So if it won't turn off, the battery will run completely dry and it will turn off, BUT that is REALLY, REALLY bad for rechargables in the long run, depending on the battery type. Some are ok with that happening, but if the product is new it is not worth the risk, and the A50s haven't been out long enough to justify the risk. I would try holding down some of the buttons. Most devices can be reset by holding down certain buttons long enough. The power button seems like the obvious one, but sometimes the reset does not include the power button to turn off. (kind of dumb if you ask me)

Basically, unless someone corrects me, I would leave it plugged in tonight or until you can get help. If for some reason you can't get astro to fix it, then I wouldn't risk damaging the non-removable battery.

If you bought it at Best Buy, go there, if it was from Astro, all you can do is wait it out or look for the "talk with an expert" button when it pops up on the A50 page.

Sorry I can't be more help but I don't own A50s.

Thanks for the reply, I have tried holding down the power button for quite awhile with no results. Unfortunately there is no other button on the headset. I have it plugged in but it did not change the LED to yellow so whether or not it's charging is a mystery to me.

Wow... Where did you buy. If my A40s don't work out I might get A50s. All I am 100% sure of is that I am getting an extended warranty with Best Buy, not Astro, so that I can return them.

Is the charging cable a usb to mini -usb? The A40 USB to Mini-USB cable doesn't even work for some people.

I wish Astro would have never gotten bought out

Oh and np responding. We consumers gotta help each other out!

I purchased them from Astro's website just a few weeks ago and the cable is indeed USB to Mini-USB but it has worked in the past.

I wasn't aware Skullcandy acquired Astro, interesting though. It seems like many have lost faith in Astro recently and I'm certainly not impressed considering this is a $300 headset. My old $50 Turtle Beach X12s worked much better than this, the voice feedback actually worked and I didn't have to worry about being locked out of my headset.
    Last edited by Benf207; 11-30-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Ok just hit up google, as I was typing in I saw "astro A50s won't charge" pop up, so i clicked it.

Found this thread:
    http://forums.astrogaming.com/showth...ff-(Astro-A50)

It's even on this forum! Make sure to look at the last comment though. Talks about battery, same as I thought

Ok actually there is a second page which talks more about the battery, didn't see that at first.

I am beating myself up for not getting the X12s for $35 and the 1600 point cards for $10 on Black Friday. I was right there, even have claw marks from insane women to prove it, but I thought I would just buy these Astros anyway in a few months and I didn't think I would use the cards, which it turns out I needed the next day. Didn't think straight that late at night I guess

Oh interesting, I did do a few searches but I guess my phrasing was not the same. Seems like I have to let them die, how exciting. Astro really needs to get their act together.

Well like I was just talking about on a thread I just started, I can't see how they are making money with all these returns (unless they just won't let people and ignore them). I think its suspicious how all of a sudden the A40s go out of stock everywhere and no one can get Astro to ship theirs. I think they are fixing the product or getting a new, better batch in. That way they don't have a ton of returns after Christmas.