Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elgato Game Capture HD & Astro A40 (Xbox)

there is a red light coming from the end of the cable.

I have the elgato and astro a40 but 2012 mixamp. Here's my setup. I have my astro mixamp connected to my laptop through usb and optical cable to my xbox. Now open the game capture program and select live commentary. You should see a selection of astro mixamp. Keep this in mind when you plug in your astro mixamp to your laptop or pc it will first install.

Hi MarcG_for_3,

As the Xbox 360 is outputting an optical signal and your Dolby button can be turned on or off, I'm unsure what could be causing the issue. Could you try connecting your MixAmp's optical cable to another source device such as an HDTV or DVD/Blu-Ray player to see if you can receive any audio from those?

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

there is still no sound from the tv or blu ray player

Hi MarcG_for_3,

As it's not functioning with another source device, I would suggest contacting our support team through www.astrogaming.com/support and they will be able to assist and troubleshoot further to find out what is causing your no audio issue.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

are you just trying to record your voice?

I just reread your post. Did you try my method because it works for me.

i tried it but i just wanna hear game audio

Hey so I have a similar question it seems, any help would be cool. Heres my situation -

Im trying to stream with my elgato by using xsplit (for the webcam and image overlays etc)

I have a mixamp audio system with a40s - the optical is going to the xbox, an "s" xbox, along with the USB cable to power it.

the HDMI is coming out of the xbox, into the elgato, then out the elgato and into the TV. The elgato/stream picks up my teammates voices, but not mine, and i cant for the life of me figure it out. Most of the guides are using the 2013 edition of the mixamp, is there a solution for older model mixamps?

Hopefully this makes sense, if not let me know and ill try to explain it better.

Hi Misplacedhead,

If you have set the Xbox 360 to output the voice through the audio cables (which it sounds like you have), then it will not include your voice. The only solution I can suggest is connecting your MixAmp Pro to the PC via the USB Cable which will allow your PC to access your microphone. You can then have Elgato Game Capture use this to do live commentary while recording. XSplit offers a similar function as well.

If you have the MixAmp Pro, you should be able to use both the USB and Xbox LIVE Chat at the same time. If you have the MixAmp 5.8 then connecting the Xbox LIVE Chat Cable will disable the PC Microphone unfortunately.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |