Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: A40 vs A50 sound quality

Question A40 vs A50 sound quality

Just wondering if anyone has any input on this. I have looked at a bunch of A40 vs A50 threads and never found any decent answers. Based on sound quality and that alone. Not features, the ability to have tags, whether you prefer wireless or wired, or the fact that one has a removable mic. In the context of mostly 360 gaming and occasional PC gaming, which would sound better, the A40 or the A50, and if you can provide reasoning besides "the A50's are newer", I would appreciate it, I understand speaker specs.

Thanks guys,
    Xray

Hi Xray55,

Both the A50 Wireless Headset and A40 Audio System 2013 Edition will provide superb pinpoint accurate Dolby Digital surround sound. It honestly comes down to if you want wireless or wired and which headset you prefer.

If you need anything clarifying between the two headsets, let us know and we can answer those for you.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Quote Originally Posted by Xray55 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any input on this. I have looked at a bunch of A40 vs A50 threads and never found any decent answers. Based on sound quality and that alone. Not features, the ability to have tags, whether you prefer wireless or wired, or the fact that one has a removable mic. In the context of mostly 360 gaming and occasional PC gaming, which would sound better, the A40 or the A50, and if you can provide reasoning besides "the A50's are newer", I would appreciate it, I understand speaker specs.

Thanks guys,
    Xray

The spec sheet shows that the A50's can achieve higher sound pressure levels (SPL) than the A40's. This generally translates to less distortion at higher listening levels + the ability to play louder (if that is important to you). Our personal tests with both confirm this to be true however, YMMV