Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QUESTION: Canada, a40, Black Friday Sale

Default QUESTION: Canada, a40, Black Friday Sale

Hello Fellow Astro Gamers,

I have been looking into purchasing a new Astro headset because I am interested in the Black Friday deal but I do have a few questions.
    After a tough decision I have decided to buy another pair of Astro A40s except this time the 2013 Ed.
    I live in Canada so the shipping to here isn't cheap especially after UPS adds their hidden border fees...
    I have planned to have my headset ship to a place on the American side of the border to save me some fee's since I have to make a trip there anyways.
    Problem is I know with headsets your bound to encounter a problem within a long term and thus I may need repairs, and I don't want to have to pay 50 dollars+ in order to have my headset repaired it just isn't fair. It also isn't fair that I would have to make a trip to the US otherwise. I was wondering if although I purchased a headset through your online store if I would be able to return it at lets say a Best Buy here in Canada after you guys release your products to stores.
    I also had a question about the a40 Black Friday deal:
    Can I get the MLG versions of the headset and scout bag?
    Thanks a bunch for the replies.
    PSN- Y0URD4MS31F

Answer my Question please! :)

Hi Y0URD4MS31F,

Thank you for the interest in our ASTRO Equipment.

1) If you purchase from our website, you will need to return back to our support team. They can't be returned to any store including Best Buy unless you purchased from there.

2) Unfortunately, the MLG Version of the Headset and Scout Bag are not available in our deal. However, you can add the MLG Speaker Tags to your basket with your order to customize the headset.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Thanks for the reply Mitchell,

That's quite unfortunate about the returns but it makes sense. Could you elaborate as to how returns would work for a Canadian citizen like myself? My first pair of A40's came from a third party dealer here in Canada so I didn't have to worry about returns as he covered everything once I had the issue narrowed down. I also never had to return the broken headset or pay any shipping is this the same ordering through you? Is there anywhere in Canada I could get this same Black Friday deal worry free?
    Sorry for asking so many questions.

That's unfortunate but alright. Thank you.

Brandon
    Y0URD4MS31F
    PSN- Y0URD4MS31F

Hi Brandon,

1) International customers(outside of the United States) are responsible for any shipping costs on items sent in for warranty evaluation/repair. The costs of warranty work and standard return shipping to our customers are included in the coverage of the warranty.

2) The deals we have on our website are exclusive to us. Any third-party resellers will probably make their own deals and discounts.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

Thanks again for the reply Mitchell.

Okay so my understanding if I have any issues with my headset that are not troubleshoot-able I will have to send my headset into you Astro folks for a repair, am I correct?
    If I was to order the MLG speaker Tags would I still receive the normal set of speaker tags too?
    Will I get the one year warranty with my A*Stars too?
    Thanks a bunch.

Brandon
    Y0URD4MS31F
    Last edited by Y0URD4MS31F; 11-25-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    PSN- Y0URD4MS31F

Hi Y0URD4MS31F,

1) Correct. If the equipment came from our website, it will have to be sent back to us for a repair or replacement. However, if it's something simple such as a cable, we might be able to just send you a replacement out.

2) Yes. As you are purchasing the MLG Speaker Tags separately (but in the same shopping cart), you will also receive the ASTRO Speaker Tags on the headset.

3) All of our products carry a one-year warranty on defective parts or faulty workmanship during the manufacturing process. The warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, lightning, power surges, other acts of nature/god(s)/Flying Spaghetti Monster, or unauthorized product modification or repairs.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

Thanks a lot for your help Mitchell I will look into making my order later today. I look forward to receiving my order.

Brandon
    Y0URD4MS31F
    PSN- Y0URD4MS31F

Not a problem with the help . Glad to hear that you are going to purchase later today

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

One final question Mitchell,
    I know about the "Astro Private Store" and understand how it works(I think). I have purchased an Astro Mission Bag directly from you before and know that doesn't give me access to the "Private Store". I was wondering if after registering my newest headset I will be purchasing will enable me to take part in the "Private Store" and from being apart of the "Private Store" my shipping would be covered on repairs if I ever had a problem. Just a thought that crossed my mind and I figured I might as well ask!

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, I really appreciate your answers.
    Thanks a ton again.

Brandon
    Y0URD4MS31F
    Last edited by Y0URD4MS31F; 11-25-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Forgot to say thanks!
    PSN- Y0URD4MS31F

Wait wait, if your trying to buy Astro A40 2013 Ed from a retail store go to EB Games i just bought mine today fgrom there, EB Games carries them now. Just ask if they have them or go to a different location.