Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A40 mic not working

Default A40 mic not working

just bought a set of a40 wired headsets from gamestop which ive always wanted for years and the mic gets louder and then fades out while i play xbox "just my luck",i went onto the internet to do some reading and sure enough it seems to be a isue with these headsets, is there anything i can do or is this something that has to be sent in for repair? I see that ppl are having a lot of the same isues that i am, is this just going to be a problem threw out the life of these headesets and that i should return them or do you guys have a fix for them cause you deff dont have a phone number to be reached at which is weird, i did the support case and still havent herd anything back, thank god gamestop will let me return them by the 6th of dec.

another thing is i dont want a set of heasets that i have to keep sending in cause something goes wrong, that cost money on top of the 250 i already spent for them?

Hi thewolf123,

Could you try disconnecting your microphone and placing it on the other side of the A40 Headset? Also make sure it's fully inserted, it would make a click.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

i have tried that and the problem is still there, im going to try it again and see if it makes a diff and to also listen for a click noise thanks for the reply

yea that didnt work man im not sure what is going on i saw a guy say he updated his to the a50 firmware and it worked fine i went to the firmware page and dowloaded the update on my mac and when i started the program it tells me to plug in the transmitter tx to the computer i tried to plug in the mix amp cause im asuming thats what he was talking about and its not reading it at all so im not sure what to do

Hi thewolf123,

I don't believe the Mac version of the ASTRO Device Manager has the update included yet as the firmware hasn't been officially release. We're hoping to get it released as soon as possible however.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

thanks for the reply i fig it out on the side of the mic there is a switch with a A and B marked on it i moved it over to the B and it works fine

i also think that my headsets are the older model a40s not the 2013 edition which could be a good thing looking at all the problems there having with them

Hi thewolf123,

That makes sense why your MixAmp Pro is not showing up in the device manager. You appear to have the previous version and not the 2013 Edition which is not firmware upgradeable.

As for your A40 Headset.

A = External boom microphone
    B = Inline microphone.

If you are happy using your inline microphone then you can leave it as it is although it should be working with the external microphone even better. Could you try moving it back to A and seeing what happens?

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

sorry man i ment its was on the B and i moved it too A thanks for the reply