Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: Brand New Astro Buyer: A40 2011 or 2013?

Default Brand New Astro Buyer: A40 2011 or 2013?

Hey guys im a new comer here and im just wondering which one i should get because all of the complaints and would like things to be cleared a bit. Thanks!

Hi Wik3dWarrior,

Through our website, we only offer the A40 Audio System - 2013 Edition.

We have resolved the low microphone issue through a firmware update which you can download and there are few people who are experiencing a USB issue although we hope to have a solution very soon to resolve that.

Please let us know if we can address any concerns you might have.

Thanks,
    - Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Ok thanks for the quick response! and think i know what i want so thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO Vertigo View Post
    Hi Wik3dWarrior,

We have resolved the low microphone issue through a firmware update which you can download and there are few people who are experiencing a USB issue although we hope to have a solution very soon to resolve that.

Thanks,
    - Mitchell

I just got the 2013 A40, and the low microphone issue was NOT fixed by the firmware update. Pretty great. Replace my $150 sennheiser with a $250 Astro and its nothing but problems out of the box

I have the 2011 astro a40 do I need to update my mix amp?? and no nothing wrong with it

i can also say the firmware update does not resolve the mic issue. my friend had it and i updated the firmware on it for him and still the mic is crap. not only that but im on my 3rd a40 2013 and the sound still cuts out.

Hi Wik3dWarrior,

Thanks,
    - Mitchell

Astro Vertigo,

What EXACTLY is the USB issue? USB Cabling OR software/firmware related?

Hi Aquanaut,

The audio drop out should have been resolved through the latest firmware update which can be downloaded from www.astrogaming.com/firmware. If you are still experiencing an issue, please contact our support team who can assist further.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Hi Aquanaut,

The audio drop out should have been resolved through the latest firmware update which can be downloaded from www.astrogaming.com/firmware. If you are still experiencing an issue, please contact our support team who can assist further.

- Mitchell

When I go to the site, it only show the firmware for the a50s. When the a40s are connected to the computer, it site acts like I have no internet connection?? With no device plugged in the control panel will show up within the explorer browser, but only shows info about the a50s.

Hi, I'm just wondering on the store on your website. On the A40's headsets itself (Standalone) are they 2013 versions or 2012?

Cause I just got myself the Mixamp 2013 and it wouldnt be fair taste to purchase the whole entire system that comes with the 2013 headsets and mixamp as well, where I already got myself the mixamp 2013 as well. (meaning i have 2 mixamps 2013.)
    Last edited by izzyreb02; 12-30-2012 at 02:57 AM. Reason: forgot spelling fix