Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: ASTRO A50 Mic Issue?

Default ASTRO A50 Mic Issue?

Ok so here's my problem i recently switched from Tritton Warhead headset to the Astro A50. On the Trittons when i talked i could hear my voice in the head set so i can know how loud I'm talking or how low. Now for the Astros i CANNOT hear my self at all unless my lips are literally touching the mic and I'm talking fairly loud. Is this normal? Or is there an issue with my mic. If this is normal is there a way i can raise the volume on my mic so i can hear my voice better?

Sorry to ask the obvious, but did you install the new firmware?

Hi Chipi3s,

The voice monitoring on the A50 Wireless Headset is designed to stop you from shouting so it may seem at times that it's not working although it is. The way I like to describe how it works is by replicating how your voice is heard through your ears without anything blocking them.

It's hard to say if it's working correctly or not as the voice monitoring sounds different depending on how loud you talk but if you feel the headset is not working to it's potential, please contact our support team at www.astrogaming.com/support and they can do some troubleshooting with you.

Thanks,
    - Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO Vertigo View Post
    Hi Chipi3s,

The voice monitoring on the A50 Wireless Headset is designed to stop you from shouting so it may seem at times that it's not working although it is. The way I like to describe how it works is by replicating how your voice is heard through your ears without anything blocking them.

It's hard to say if it's working correctly or not as the voice monitoring sounds different depending on how loud you talk but if you feel the headset is not working to it's potential, please contact our support team at www.astrogaming.com/support and they can do some troubleshooting with you.

Thanks,
    - Mitchell

Well the less i can hear my self the more i shout at my friends, I have seen a few threads with this problem and they all say it gives the adverse effect of what Astros intentions where (shouting at people). Unfortunately i might end up taking this headset back for this reason. Its quite an annoyance not hearing my self talk and even the people around me notice I'm shouting. Oh yeah to the other guy who posted yes my Firmware is updated and this problem still persists.

Is the microphone in reasonable distance from your mouth? and not just placed anywhere and far away?

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO Vertigo View Post
    Is the microphone in reasonable distance from your mouth? and not just placed anywhere and far away?

- Mitchell

Thanks for the help every one. I went back to bestbuy and exchanged my Astros for some brand new ones of the exact kind. This did fix the problem i can now hear my self talking in my headset, So the old headset was defective. Thanks every one.
    Last edited by Chipi3s; 11-10-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Glad to hear everything is resolved now.

Hope you enjoy the ASTRO Experience! and feel free to nudge us if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    - Mitchell

Open A Support Case |