Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: Xbox 360 + Astros + HD PVR?

Default Xbox 360 + Astros + HD PVR?

Can I use my xbox 360 + Astros + HD PVR?

Are you wanting to output DD 5.1 sound to the PVR? If so, you will need either a optical splitter or a multiplexer. If you just want to record in stereo with your PVR then use just the red & white cables to go to the PVR and have the toslink go to the mixamp. As for video, if you are using component cables you will need either Y-adapters for the blue green and red cables or a component video matrix or a multiplexer. A video/audio matrix is what I use as it allows me to input up to 6 different components using component cables and the same for toslink and output to either two tv's at the same time or as I use mine, output No 1 to the tv and output No 2 to the PVR. A multiplexer can run you a whole lot of money. They are very expensive. The video/audio matrix I use is HERE. HERE it is at Buy.com. I hope this shed some light on things.

Cheers...

I have a Hauppauge hd pvr, xbox 360 and my audio system all hooked up and it works great. So the answer is yes...

Quote Originally Posted by Perogie 99 View Post
    I have a Hauppauge hd pvr, xbox 360 and my audio system all hooked up and it works great. So the answer is yes...
    How did u hook it up?