Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do i connect the astro a50s to the ps3 and pc

Default How do i connect the astro a50s to the ps3 and pc

How do i connect the astro a50s to the ps3 and pc at the same time so that i may stream my voice and others voices to twitchtv ?

Hi oDARKPENGUINo,

Do you want to be able to chat over the PlayStation Network while commentating on Twitch?

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Quote Originally Posted by oDARKPENGUINo View Post
    How do i connect the astro a50s to the ps3 and pc at the same time so that i may stream my voice and others voices to twitchtv ?
    If you want to be able to have your voice passthorugh in a program like XSplit and the PS3, you'll need to follow the setup that I did with my Logitech G930 headset awhile back. First, you'll need to plug in your A50 headset's usb cable into your PC, then follow the steps found here:

http://www.matheusdebull.com/2012/03...playstation-3/

There are a couple of things to note when doing this:

1) You lose the functionality to of the mixamp and will be unable to control game/voice using the headset.
    2) You'll need to adjust the sound levels of both your Astro A50 microphone and the speakers in order to get the right balance so you don't kill everyone's ears.
    3) Anything sounds you play on that particular output, will pass through with the microphone audio as well. (eg: music, etc..)

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO Vertigo View Post
    Hi oDARKPENGUINo,

Do you want to be able to chat over the PlayStation Network while commentating on Twitch?

- Mitchell

would that even be possible?

It wouldn't be possible which is why I was asking the question as I didn't know whether you wanted to do that or not.

What sort of setup do you have? Are you using a capture card? If so which one?

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

It wouldn't be possible which is why I was asking the question as I didn't know whether you wanted to do that or not.

- Mitchell
    i am using an Avermedia capture card model #C027 and no set up at the moment. im looking to see what i need to get

- Mitchell
    Yes, it is possible. See post #3.

I did this for a long time on my Logitech G930 headset, and used this method as a work-around for my Astro A50 headset to get it to work with a wired controller on the Xbox 360.

i am using an Avermedia capture card model #C027 and no set up at the moment. im looking to see what i need to get
    I used to have that exact same card. The beauty of this specific capture card, is you can hook up your playstation 3 without having to worry about HDCP blocking the connection.

As far as playing the game while streaming, you can use the AverMedia Center application to do so, however I'd recommend a powered splitter and have the game console output to both your capture card and your tv, that way there is no pass-through lag.

If you need help setting it up, send me a PM and we can discuss further as realtime chat would work better than the froums.
    Last edited by MatheusDebull; 09-24-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatheusDebull View Post
    Yes, it is possible. See post #3.

I did this for a long time on my Logitech G930 headset, and used this method as a work-around for my Astro A50 headset to get it to work with a wired controller on the Xbox 360.
    i think this might be my best method for now but if anyone knows how to get better sound qulity let me know please.

I just had a quick Google, is this the capture card you are using?

http://www.digitalyes.com.au/prodVie...dproduct=63607

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

i think this might be my best method for now but if anyone knows how to get better sound qulity let me know please.
    Unfortunately with the Astro A50 headset, it is not possible to have simultaneous input/output sources directly. The option suggested above will only re-route your microphone audio, you can still use the optical out from your PlayStation 3 so you'll get the 5.1 + 2 channel simulation (7.1 total) as long as you don't have the headset selected as your speakers in the sound control panel of Windows. You just won't be able to control the game volume vs voice because the headset is not directly plugged into the PlayStation 3.

When it comes to microphone quality, I have had no one complain about not being able to hear me clearly.

Ultimately, I upgraded to a Blue Yeti microphone because I got tired of having to go through the effort of setting up / disabling it for each cast.