Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astro A50 manual

Default Astro A50 manual

I am looking for a copy of the full manual for the Astro A50. My product only included a quick start manual which leaves a lot to be desired. I inquired with official support but they have failed to address this query.

Get in line Bub. We've been waiting on the full manual since July….

Hi SAKY,

No manual at the moment, although there should be one in the near future. If you need have any questions that are not on the quick start manual, let us know and we can answer those for you.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Wow, really? This company should be ashamed. Between the lackluster E-mail support and complete failure to provide proper documentation....I am shocked. At least this forum is active and helpful.

That said how about a full explaination on the the built in Mix Amp works? What do the beeps mean when you are pressing the buttons for game and voice? I assume that these are volume controls but there is no mention of how it works exactly.
    Last edited by SAKY; 09-22-2012 at 03:43 PM.

The dull beeps are for when you've reached max sound for either voice or sound, while the high pitched sound is when you hit the balanced middle point between voice and game sound.

I agree with you though on the fact that they should be ashamed. I just bought the a50's and i cant hear voice chat on XBL inbound or outbound. Not only that but I've been asking for assistance for the past week with no help whatsoever. So I have a useless $350 headset that I want to return and get replaced except I cant because they don't have a number to call and their "support" don't reply to emails. I am so aggravated with these people.

Wow, I should start looking for the returns dept just in case.

Have you tried updating the firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by Vocaliized View Post
    The dull beeps are for when you've reached max sound for either voice or sound, while the high pitched sound is when you hit the balanced middle point between voice and game sound.

I agree with you though on the fact that they should be ashamed. I just bought the a50's and i cant hear voice chat on XBL inbound or outbound. Not only that but I've been asking for assistance for the past week with no help whatsoever. So I have a useless $350 headset that I want to return and get replaced except I cant because they don't have a number to call and their "support" don't reply to emails. I am so aggravated with these people.

As SAKY said, you should try to upgrade the Firmware. If that doesn't work, try a different controller. Certain Xbox 360 controllers have a motherboard in them that doesn't like the A50's for some reason. The final option will be Astro returning them and doing a hardware upgrade to fix the issue. If that still doesn't work, try getting a hold of support again. Chances are, however, one of the Forum Mods will pop into this thread by Tuesday or so and help you get your case up and running ASAP.

From all the reading I've been doing, the forum Mods here seem really active in helping get things set up if support isn't responding in a timely manner. Don't lose hope in Astro yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronen View Post
    From all the reading I've been doing, the forum Mods here seem really active in helping get things set up if support isn't responding in a timely manner. Don't lose hope in Astro yet!
    Yes. We're always here every day of the week! And thank you for the comments.

@ Vocaliized, If you don't hear a response within 48 hours, exclude the weekends, then please PM a moderator with your support case and we can have it marked for review and responded to. We're also here to answer any general questions and some general tech support.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

Quote Originally Posted by SAKY View Post
    Wow, I should start looking for the returns dept just in case.

Have you tried updating the firmware?

Yep I upgraded the firmware as soon as I got them. I am just going to PM a moderator with the email I received when I ordered and see what they can do to help me.

Hi Vocaliized,

I received your PM. Do you currently have a support case open?

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |