Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hauppauge New HD PVR 2/Astro A50/Record Game/ Voice.

Question Hauppauge New HD PVR 2/Astro A50/Record Game/ Voice.

Hello I Have The New Hd pvr 2 it has no Component or Optical. Im Wondering if the A50's Can Some How Work With The PVR. Can you record your voice on the pc while chating on Xbox Live? I wanna Capture Gameplay and record my voice with everybodys Voice. And Sometimes Live Stream . Im Thinking that on the Xbox i Plug the HDMI to my Monitor then the Xbox Optical to the Astro A50 Transmitter then Some How Connect the Astro to the PC and Record My Voice and and still use Astro to hear the game and chat and hear everybody.
    Last edited by MrSmokey2424; 09-15-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Hi MrSmokey2424.

HDMI from your Xbox 360 goes into the HDPVR2, Optical goes from your Xbox 360 to your A50 Transmitter.

USB Cable from your A50 Transmitter to your computer to record your live commentary, Xbox LIVE Chat Cable goes from your A50 Headset to your Xbox LIVE Controller.

I'm not 100% of the answer, but some people have been able to record on their voice on their computer while chatting over Xbox LIVE. Although when some people connected the Xbox LIVE Chat Cable, it disabled the USB recording. I will drop an email off when I have chance to find out if it's officially supported to output to the USB and Xbox LIVE Chat Cable at the same time.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

For an Xbox elite you can use the Xbox 360 dongle for optical audio. For the slim you can just use the optical port. It's not possible to record XBL party chat yet. Although a company is workin on a product for that

When does this hdpvr come out? I really like how it has the ability to game in 1080p unlike the hdpvr1 you can only play up to 1080i

Edit-ninjad

Quote Originally Posted by SocksWthSandals View Post
    For an Xbox elite you can use the Xbox 360 dongle for optical audio. For the slim you can just use the optical port. It's not possible to record XBL party chat yet. Although a company is workin on a product for that

When does this hdpvr come out? I really like how it has the ability to game in 1080p unlike the hdpvr1 you can only play up to 1080i
    Amazon.com is selling them now
    -
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

Although I still think the Elgato is a better purchase due to being officially supported for gaming and now 1080p. Plus the rewind feature is pretty nice so you don't have to record all the time.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO Vertigo View Post
    Hi MrSmokey2424.

HDMI from your Xbox 360 goes into the HDPVR2, Optical goes from your Xbox 360 to your A50 Transmitter.

USB Cable from your A50 Transmitter to your computer to record your live commentary, Xbox LIVE Chat Cable goes from your A50 Headset to your Xbox LIVE Controller.

I'm not 100% of the answer, but some people have been able to record on their voice on their computer while chatting over Xbox LIVE. Although when some people connected the Xbox LIVE Chat Cable, it disabled the USB recording. I will drop an email off when I have chance to find out if it's officially supported to output to the USB and Xbox LIVE Chat Cable at the same time.

- Mitchell
    Thanks Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by SocksWthSandals View Post

Edit-ninjad
    Its already out its wayy cool full 1080 HD with Xbox and HDMI

-

Although I still think the Elgato is a better purchase due to being officially supported for gaming and now 1080p. Plus the rewind feature is pretty nice so you don't have to record all the time.

- Mitchell
    Naw HD PVR 2 It has No delay pass through While Your Recording And HDMI and Full 1080P

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmokey2424 View Post
    Naw HD PVR 2 It has No delay pass through While Your Recording And HDMI and Full 1080P
    So does the Elgato Game Capture HD. The only thing to me that makes the Elgato a better purchase is the flashback recording so you don't always have to record (not to waste space on your HDD), it's like a PVR so if you did something good while gaming, you can just hit save and it's done.

Obviously still has the ability to do a full main recording like any other capture card.

Overall there both goods capture cards in the end.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

-

- Mitchell
    Elgatos only flaw is its USB powered. Sometimes I don't want to have my computer on. The hdpvr is always on via power plug