Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Change A50 auto-poweroff

As a workaround, can we play a sound in Windows that is inaudible but will keep the headset from powering off?

yes please increase the time or disable it.

Firstly, thanks for reducing the volume of the power off beeps - that's half of my issue solved! But the very short auto power-off function is still really annoying me. Is there any update on when its likely to be fixed? Is it still in the pipeline?

Completely agree - this feature is really needed. I keep my sound coming through my speakers under normal circumstances but use the mic on the headphones. This means i periodically have to take the headphones off and turn them on again!!!

Yes! We need this please!

Default Yes please.

I highly recommend disabling this feature.
    If get up from my desk periodically, but it's really not an issue having the headsets plugged in.
    What I recommend is an application similarly to what Razer mice use.
    This way, users can specify the auto-off timer for their piece of hardware.
    I would set mine to auto-off after 1 hour, which means they would essentially never turn off... Score!

-John

3 months since it was 'put to the engineering dept'...

A little disappointing.

Just fired up my brand new a50 headset, was very surprised to come across this issue considering how good the reviews were. for such a great sounding and well designed headset to have such an annoying problem I was shocked. Really hope this gets fixed, I often play games or surf while idling in ventrillo lobbies and this will make that irritating.

My biggest concern is my last headset (logitech g35's) had mechanical wear and tear on the buttons after a couple of years and having to power this up several times a day is surely going to wear both the buttons and my patience out.

please fix this as soon as possible!

I also add my request for this ASAP. It is annoying to the point that I can't be bothered using the A50's and have plugged my old 50 wired headphones back in.

Generally disappointed with the A50's to tell the truth. Although this auto power off may be causing this. I would have expected lighter weight materials and generally more comfort at this price range. And did I mention the length of the charging lead?

Anyway yet another expensive lesson learned by myself.

Angry new a50 p0wner :) like to see shut off timer user controllable, or OFF/ON even

bumping and checking for new firmware often...... sounds like fun way to spend 300 bux, btw they off now