Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: Right ear louder than left ear?? help!

Default Right ear louder than left ear?? help!

I got my astro a40 audio system around 8 months ago I believe and now I'm experiencing an issue. I woke up today to play some MW2 but when in the menu, the music sounded odd, when I got in-game something didn't feel right. I put each ear cup individually to each of my ears and the right ear cup has suddenly become louder than the left one? Can anyone help? It was fine yesterday, I checked all the connections and everything as well.

Hey,

I can try and give you some advice but if its a big difference in volume then you will want to talk to someone at Astro tech support. Send them a message from the website and they get back to you pretty quickly.

Is any sound coming out of the left earpiece, or is it dead? I've had some issues with my own A40s with earpieces not working. You say you've checked all connections and they are all fully in their slot, have you tried using the headset without the mixamp in a laptop or mp3? If you still have the problem and the connections are good then one other thing to try is to switch your quick disconnect cable over to the PC cable and try it with the mixamp and another audio source. If the problem persists then you will need to talk to an ASTRO support tech.

If switching quick disconnect cables work then you should still talk to them about it since you might be able to get a replacement for the broken cable, or work out an arrangement for one.

I would say the right ear is performing at 100% and the left ear at maybe 75%? In-game I can still soundwhore perfectly though. It's not that noticable now, maybe because I've been playing with them on for a few hours now. But when I listen to each ear cup individually I can easily tell. I haven't tried any of those suggestions, I will though.

So there is definately sound coming out of the left ear somewhat. Then I would certainly try the headset in some other audio device other than the mixamp like an mp3 player or something like that to see if both sides have equal volume. Also, what type of audio connection are you using for your mixamp, toslink, coax, or RCA? If you are using the red and white RCA connectors and the headset works fine without the mixamp then I would check that cable to see if it might be the problem.

yeah my right part of the head phone seems a little louder too. and its been really bothering me. i would expect this to be perfect considering how much money was spent.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy89 View Post
    yeah my right part of the head phone seems a little louder too. and its been really bothering me. i would expect this to be perfect considering how much money was spent.
    Hi if you have an issue instead of bumping a way dead thread in the wrong section could you post in the Help Desk (Community Supoort) subforum, that way we can get you help on your specific issue.
    -Hello-
    [ Mixamp 5.8 | Sennheiser HD595's | Zalman ZM-Mic1 ]
    -
    Calm like a bomb
    -
    LuNaTik's Wired vs. Wireless MixAmp Comparison

SUPPORT