Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mic not working with scuf gaming controllers?

Unhappy Mic not working with scuf gaming controllers?

So, I've tried to contact support for the last few days, but yet to receive a response. This is a bit unfortunate because I remember when the A40s came out, support was instant and amazing. I'm sure the Astro support team is overloaded with support tickets, but this is a bit ridiculous. At the least, they could just give us an updated FAQ so everyone would stop submitting the same support ticket, but it doesn't seem like they want to.

So, here's my issue/questions. I've been trying to use the Astro a50s with my scuf gaming controller, but it does not work. Once I plugin the chat cable, I stop receiving sound from other users using their mic and I can not broadcast my mic. Switching to another controller, it seems the mic works a bit. However, I would love to use the A50s with my scuf controller as I paid for both products with the thought of I was purchasing a product that was finished and tested. Using other headsets such as the A40s, Sennheiser PC360 with the A40's mixamp, and the turtlebeach x41s, the chat cable works just fine with the scuf gaming controller.

Question #1: Is the issue with the mic not working with scuf gaming controllers a hardware issue on the A50s, a firmware issue on the A50s, or a hardware issue on the controller? I doubt it would be the controller since it works with other headsets and older astro headsets.

Question #2: When will the mid-august firmware be out? It has been quite some time since it was announced and it just passed mid-august. The firmware I'm currently using on the mixamp and headset I think is from August 14th, mac firmware utility.

Question #3: If the issue is an Astro a50 hardware problem, how long would it take to send the headset back for repairs/changes or how long would it take to receive a refund? I'm really hoping it isn't a hardware issue, but reading other threads, some users are stating it is. I love the A50s when it does work, so I wouldn't want to refund it, but I don't necessarily want to wait 2-4 weeks to receive a replacement and pay for the shipping to send it back. Then I would have to wait for astro to receive the headset, then wait for them to send a new one. If I issued a refund, I heard I would also have to wait a few weeks before they issue the money back.

Quote Originally Posted by SecurityBunny View Post
    So, I've tried to contact support for the last few days, but yet to receive a response. This is a bit unfortunate because I remember when the A40s came out, support was instant and amazing. I'm sure the Astro support team is overloaded with support tickets, but this is a bit ridiculous. At the least, they could just give us an updated FAQ so everyone would stop submitting the same support ticket, but it doesn't seem like they want to.

So, here's my issue/questions. I've been trying to use the Astro a50s with my scuf gaming controller, but it does not work. Once I plugin the chat cable, I stop receiving sound from other users using their mic and I can not broadcast my mic. Switching to another controller, it seems the mic works a bit. However, I would love to use the A50s with my scuf controller as I paid for both products with the thought of I was purchasing a product that was finished and tested. Using other headsets such as the A40s, Sennheiser PC360 with the A40's mixamp, and the turtlebeach x41s, the chat cable works just fine with the scuf gaming controller.

Question #1: Is the issue with the mic not working with scuf gaming controllers a hardware issue on the A50s, a firmware issue on the A50s, or a hardware issue on the controller? I doubt it would be the controller since it works with other headsets and older astro headsets.

Question #2: When will the mid-august firmware be out? It has been quite some time since it was announced and it just passed mid-august. The firmware I'm currently using on the mixamp and headset I think is from August 14th, mac firmware utility.

Question #3: If the issue is an Astro a50 hardware problem, how long would it take to send the headset back for repairs/changes or how long would it take to receive a refund? I'm really hoping it isn't a hardware issue, but reading other threads, some users are stating it is. I love the A50s when it does work, so I wouldn't want to refund it, but I don't necessarily want to wait 2-4 weeks to receive a replacement and pay for the shipping to send it back. Then I would have to wait for astro to receive the headset, then wait for them to send a new one. If I issued a refund, I heard I would also have to wait a few weeks before they issue the money back.
    1. I have the same issue but with a razer onza instead of Scuf. Support told me that I need a small hardware upgrade in order to get it functional.

2. It has been said in this forum that the update should come some time next week. If it doesn't show up, they will probably say that it will show up the following week. I guess we just have to give them time to sort out all the bugs in the new firmware.

3. I really have no idea how long it will take. I was told by support that they will pay for expedited shipping both ways but I am yet to receive a shipping label. I would actually prefer to get a brand new headset instead of one that someone took apart to upgrade. Others may feel different about this but that's how I feel seeing that I've had this for less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruth1983 View Post
    1. I have the same issue but with a razer onza instead of Scuf. Support told me that I need a small hardware upgrade in order to get it functional.

2. It has been said in this forum that the update should come some time next week. If it doesn't show up, they will probably say that it will show up the following week. I guess we just have to give them time to sort out all the bugs in the new firmware.

3. I really have no idea how long it will take. I was told by support that they will pay for expedited shipping both ways but I am yet to receive a shipping label. I would actually prefer to get a brand new headset instead of one that someone took apart to upgrade. Others may feel different about this but that's how I feel seeing that I've had this for less than a month.
    Well, that really does bite the dust. Guess they will be forcing my hand to send my headset in. The one thing that does upset me is the fact that I probably won't receive a shipping label for week. Then, it would probably take up to a week before they receive the headset and probably another week to send it out again. I would also have to agree with you that receiving a brand new headset would be preferred, as I wouldn't want a modified headset. If possible, I think I would want to send the headset in as soon as possible and have them send me a new one as soon as they have the hardware fix and firmware update out. Therefore I know I will receive the new headset when it is available but don't have to worry about the time it will take to send the headset and wait for a new one/refund.

If anyone from the Astro support stumbles upon this post, would it be possible to receive a shipping label now or as soon as possible and send in my astro a50s now until the hardware/firmware updates are out, then send me the headset when it is available?

Quote Originally Posted by SecurityBunny View Post
    Well, that really does bite the dust. Guess they will be forcing my hand to send my headset in. The one thing that does upset me is the fact that I probably won't receive a shipping label for week. Then, it would probably take up to a week before they receive the headset and probably another week to send it out again. I would also have to agree with you that receiving a brand new headset would be preferred, as I wouldn't want a modified headset. If possible, I think I would want to send the headset in as soon as possible and have them send me a new one as soon as they have the hardware fix and firmware update out. Therefore I know I will receive the new headset when it is available but don't have to worry about the time it will take to send the headset and wait for a new one/refund.

If anyone from the Astro support stumbles upon this post, would it be possible to receive a shipping label now or as soon as possible and send in my astro a50s now until the hardware/firmware updates are out, then send me the headset when it is available?
    Good luck with that. The easiest way would probably be to get a refund and just re-purchase them once it's confirmed on the forums that there are no more issues.

I never heard of the Scuff controllers until today and gotta say they look sick. I might consider getting one of these controllers but the issue with connection to the A50 worries me since I just ordered the headset. I hope a more definitive answer is out soon as to why it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I never heard of the Scuff controllers until today and gotta say they look sick. I might consider getting one of these controllers but the issue with connection to the A50 worries me since I just ordered the headset. I hope a more definitive answer is out soon as to why it doesn't work.
    SCUF does not use the same supplier for their controllers as Microsoft does. As such, the hardware of the controllers is slightly different and resulted in an unforeseen conflict with the A50 hardware.

Unfortunately still waiting for a reply from support. They sure do take their time.

I got a response from them this morning and basically they are buck passing the issue onto scuf themselves. Funny that my old turtle beaches worked just fine with my scuf but now according to astro CS this is a hardware problem with the scuf controller and I will need to take it up with them.

This is my fist astro headset and yes the sound is fantastic but I'm really questioning whether I will stick with astro or just go to another brand. I had to pay $348 Australian dollars for the a50 and astro is the only company I've had compatibility issues with. Most of us people pay a premium price for products because we don't want to deal with poor quality and issues, yet a $30 headset would less troublesome

TRex,

Would you please respond the the latest reply you received from your support rep with an inquery about a hardware upgrade for your A50 to make it compatible with the SCUF controller? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO refraxion View Post
    TRex,

Would you please respond the the latest reply you received from your support rep with an inquery about a hardware upgrade for your A50 to make it compatible with the SCUF controller? Thanks!
    I have replied and inquired about this. Thanks a lot mate. You mods are making the experience tolerable