Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: Astro A50 Keeps turning off

Default Astro A50 Keeps turning off

I've charged up my astro a50 multiple times after receiving it. I play it for about five minutes and then it turns off. I then have to turn it back on. Has anyone else had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by AFK View Post
    I've charged up my astro a50 multiple times after receiving it. I play it for about five minutes and then it turns off. I then have to turn it back on. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Headphones or mix amp?

The headphones turn off after a short period if there's no sound coming through them. If you're playing a game and it turns off (it should make that beep noise signaling it turned off), that's not right (obviously). It seems like it could be a firmware issue(?).

http://astrogaming.com/firmware

I'd try doing a firmware update. It's possible the firmware in your headphones/mix amp is corrupted or not installed properly. Some people have fixed their issues by re-installing the same version firmware. If to no avail, wait for the firmware that's supposedly coming out mid August. They're extending the warranty past the new firmware release (so if the new firmware doesn't work, you can send them in for repair/replacement/return).

Also, if that Firmware update does not work, can you report this to the support team please so they can file it and also give you some troubleshooting.

Thanks.
    - Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |