Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A50 with no audio, dark "Dolby" button

Exclamation A50 with no audio, dark "Dolby" button

I got my A50s two days ago and have been fighting ever since to get any audio. The "Dolby" light/button on the transmission unit (the "puck") is always dark and does nothing when pressed. Whether I plug the input into the digital output of my PC sound card (Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional) or into the digital output of my Xbox 360 makes no difference: I get no audio. I've even run a known good analog signal on a known good cable from my MacBook Pro into the analog input on the back of the "puck" and get no audio.

I've successfully re-paired the headphones and puck. I've successfully updated both to the latest available firmware. I've made sure the volume is up, the balance is fully set to "game" not "voice", etc. I've done everything I can think to do but I get no audio from these headphones. I've written their support but so far I've gotten a single email reply for a 48 hour period. Should I expect these things to work, or is it time to ask for a refund?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I hate to say it but I really doubt the firmware update will do anything, I think they are just trying to save there arses, but in the end we all are going to have to send are a50's back. Such an inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by A50ripoff View Post
    I hate to say it but I really doubt the firmware update will do anything, I think they are just trying to save there arses, but in the end we all are going to have to send are a50's back. Such an inconvenience.
    I disagree, it has a lot to do with firmware. Many devices that have updatable firmware can have all kinds of issues if there is a problem with it's firmware. Ive had many a router etc that have suffered from a bad firmware. Once a "good" firmware was flashed device worked great. So don't be so quick to go spouting things off. I feel for the moderators here and astro tech team that has all of us yelling at them to fix our stuff.

Hi Phileosophos.

I would recommend to contact the support team about this issue so they can file it and report it for you. We're hoping that a future firmware in mid-august will remove any problems with the A50 Wireless System so you might be best waiting for that first before returning them for a refund. We have also extended the return period for the A50 Wireless System to allow anyone to actually try the firmware first as well.

Also could you please drop me your support case number over a PM and I will pass it on as you should receive a response within 48
    hours.

Also, if you have a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, could you connect an MP3 Player or computer to one end and the other end to the AUX Port on the transmitter to see if any sound is transmitted to your headset.

Thanks.
    - Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO Vertigo View Post
    Hi Phileosophos.

I would recommend to contact the support team about this issue so they can file it and report it for you...

Also, if you have a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, could you connect an MP3 Player or computer to one end and the other end to the AUX Port on the transmitter to see if any sound is transmitted to your headset.

First, thanks for the reply, Mitchell. Second, I feel I should be more clear: I did receive a response within a 24-hour period, to which I replied, and have subsequently heard nothing else. So it's not that nobody had gotten back to me within 48 hours, it's that I got only one response within that time frame. I don't want to be unfair to anyone involved.

Second, I do have a standard 3.5 mm cable that I know is good (because I use it to plug my MacBook into my existing speaker system) that I'm using to test with the A50 "puck". I've used the MacBook, my iPhone, an iPad, and an Apple Nano as the sound source. All of them send audio to my speakers just fine but plugging any of them into the cable and feeding it into the analog input on the "puck" produces no sound whatsoever in the headphones.

It's like nothing is being transmitted to or from the headset at all. It's microphone seems to be working, insofar as I can hear it in my ears when I use it, but the signal doesn't make its way to my PC or to the Xbox if I plug it into the controller. And none of the audio I feed the headphones from either input on the puck gets to the headphones.

Sorry about that. My error.

At the moment our support team is getting swamped by support requests so you should receive a response within 48 hours. If you haven't heard anything within this time per emails then please let me know and I will pass on your support case number to someone to be looked at.

Thanks.
    - Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

Thanks, Mitchell. I guess that means Monday is my best hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Phileosophos View Post
    Thanks, Mitchell. I guess that means Monday is my best hope.
    It might be Monday although I know the support team is working extra hard at the moment to keep up so you might hear something the weekend.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

I thought I'd reply to my own thread to help others who might find themselves in the same situation. A couple of days ago I got confirmation from the tech support folks that my unit isn't going to be fixed by a firmware update. I rather expected that, given that not even audio fed into the analog input jack on the "puck" comes through in the headphones, but I wanted to be sure. They sent me a UPS return label, and I shipped it back to them yesterday. I'm hoping the replacement unit does something​. I guess we'll see next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Phileosophos View Post
    I thought I'd reply to my own thread to help others who might find themselves in the same situation. A couple of days ago I got confirmation from the tech support folks that my unit isn't going to be fixed by a firmware update. I rather expected that, given that not even audio fed into the analog input jack on the "puck" comes through in the headphones, but I wanted to be sure. They sent me a UPS return label, and I shipped it back to them yesterday. I'm hoping the replacement unit does something​. I guess we'll see next week.
    Let us know how your replacement goes. Also if you have any other questions, feel free to ask and we can try and answer them for you.

Thanks,
    - Mitchell

Open A Support Case |