Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Astro a50 updates and firmware news

Quote Originally Posted by T2datizzang View Post
    So far the early release firmware (v1 or whatever) is ineffective.

If we have to wait until mid-August for the next firmware release, what happens to our return period? Does it get extended at all?
    "Thanks for the email and your continued patience. We are currently testing a second firmware update and will be releasing it in a week or two and should address the issue you have encountered. If you are interested we can place you on a waitlist, so as soon as the update comes available, you will be the first to know.

Also, if you would like to return the headset for a refund at any time let me know, and keep in mind that we will let you extend your 30 day return policy until after the firmware update is made available."

that is what my support agent just told me today...so they will extend the 30 day return until after the second firmware...what i dont get is will there be another 30 days AFTER the firmware (which is the most logical thing to do) or will they find a loophole so that if our 30 day return has already ran out we get another day after the firmware release and not another 30 days. maybe i should just get a refund? ill see what he tells me tomorrow and go from there. i hope this answers your question although its still a bit vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Givenbig Al View Post
    "Thanks for the email and your continued patience. We are currently testing a second firmware update and will be releasing it in a week or two and should address the issue you have encountered. If you are interested we can place you on a waitlist, so as soon as the update comes available, you will be the first to know.

Also, if you would like to return the headset for a refund at any time let me know, and keep in mind that we will let you extend your 30 day return policy until after the firmware update is made available."

that is what my support agent just told me today...so they will extend the 30 day return until after the second firmware...what i dont get is will there be another 30 days AFTER the firmware (which is the most logical thing to do) or will they find a loophole so that if our 30 day return has already ran out we get another day after the firmware release and not another 30 days. maybe i should just get a refund? ill see what he tells me tomorrow and go from there. i hope this answers your question although its still a bit vague.
    Sounds to me as if the 30 day return policy will take effect the moment the firmware update is released. You'll have that 30 days to test it and make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO Vertigo View Post
    There should be a 64bit version soon although the 32bit version works completely fine across all platforms, no problems.

I believe it says it's Macintosh compatible as you can run Windows on a Mac and a PC nowadays isn't referred directly to a Windows built machine, but also Macs and Linux computers. Although the page is still being worked on so any errors should be corrected in the near future.

- Mitchell
    Sorry but in the industry PC is still slang for computers running Windows. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt that they are inferring 'oh yeah some people have windows on their mac's' when they say Macintosh compatible on all three downloads. Sure some folks dual boot or run a vm, I have a Win7 install with VMware Fusion on my MBPr but that is still a ridiculous assumption.

The much more believable and obvious reason is that someone copied and pasted when writing that page in a hurry, and didn't modify the text to take out the mac part and to add the 64bit title to the last download option. Webmaster asleep on the job? Speaking of webmaster, oh hey your paypal option to buy the warranty is still broken too.

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO refraxion View Post
    @nomadnomad7: If your support ticket has been closed would you please submit a new one with the same info? Also please include your previous Case # in the ticket. If you don't receive a reply by tomorrow evening then please PM me your newest Case #. Thanks!
    Sure why not, THIRD time's a charm eh???

Quote Originally Posted by nomadnomad7 View Post
    Sure why not, THIRD time's a charm eh???
    Sure is! If you don't get a response sometime today then please PM me your newest Case #. We'll make sure that it's taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadnomad7 View Post
    Sorry but in the industry PC is still slang for computers running Windows. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt that they are inferring 'oh yeah some people have windows on their mac's' when they say Macintosh compatible on all three downloads. Sure some folks dual boot or run a vm, I have a Win7 install with VMware Fusion on my MBPr but that is still a ridiculous assumption.

The much more believable and obvious reason is that someone copied and pasted when writing that page in a hurry, and didn't modify the text to take out the mac part and to add the 64bit title to the last download option. Webmaster asleep on the job? Speaking of webmaster, oh hey your paypal option to buy the warranty is still broken too.
    As far as there being 2 32-bit links: They said there is not a 64-bit version as of yet, so it seems to just be a placeholder. The 32-bit version works fine on 64-bit Windows, though (I used it myself). As far as it saying Macintosh, that is clearly just an oversight lol. Someone didn't proofread.

May I ask, how are you to "restart" your a50's? If when installing your firmware it freezes at 85%?

Quote Originally Posted by NateTheillest View Post
    May I ask, how are you to "restart" your a50's? If when installing your firmware it freezes at 85%?
    Hold the power button down until it turns off, then use the power button to turn it back on.

I ordered my '330' CAD dollar A50s July 24th, received them August 2nd. Today is the 5th, had a very minor storm roll over, and had a 2 minute brownout, now my headset is NOT working! The mix-amp surround sound button is no longer coming on! I did the trouble shooting BASIC *^&% to no avail! The 'Firmware' bs is stuck on 'Plug in headset' page and no where can I find support on this matter!.. 300 dollars for a product that fails during a MINOR storm... REALLLLLYYYY I defaulted the headset in sound / settings etc etc.. I see the bar rise and fall as if sound is going through it nothing is MUTED.

Hi Ironwolf.

I would recommend contacting the support team about what has happened to see if they can give you any troubleshooting. If an electrical surge has fried your MixAmp then I'm not exactly sure what to say as the warranty does not cover damage caused by lightning or power surges.

Support links can be found underneath this post or by selecting support at the top of the forum.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

If the headset/mixamp for 300 dollars fried over this tiny pathetic storm yet everything else connected to my surge protector didn't.. this 300 dollar Mix Amp is total waste of my time and money spent.. not recommended. Sent a ticket.