Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: A50 Charge Time?

Default A50 Charge Time?

My A50's have been charging for quite some time and are still on the solid orange.

Anyone know the estimated the time for the Astros to charge?

Cheers

The first charge can take some time depending on how drained the battery is. I would say around almost nine or so hours. Once they have fully charged, it is recommended that every time you have finished, to place them back on charge as it will be quicker to get them back to full charge and also extend the lifetime of the battery.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Nine hours! Woah.

Damn, just got mine and was keen to use them, not tonight I guess.

Cheers man!

Quote Originally Posted by AllTimeMitch View Post
    The first charge can take some time depending on how drained the battery is. I would say around almost nine or so hours. Once they have fully charged, it is recommended that every time you have finished, to place them back on charge as it will be quicker to get them back to full charge and also extend the lifetime of the battery.

- Mitchell
    It's nice to see someone who understands Lithium-Ion batteries. The common misconception about batteries now a days is that the more you charge them the worse due to battery memory. I see all of this non-sense over on Android phone boards and it's hilarious each time. The older battery technology needed to be charged when the battery was low and it was recommended to drain it as much as possible due to memory loss. The newer batteries, Lithium Ion, last longer the more you charge them and the less they drain. Remember that, charge as much as possible.

yes indeed
    k1ngcarlos

Eclipse,

Its supposed to be like you said with the new lithium ion batteries but in reality they still have battery memory. thats why there are so many battery complaints about every electronic across the world that uses lithium ion. theyre not supposed to damage with overcharging or full depletion but they still do.