Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astro A50 mic problem

Default Astro A50 mic problem

Hey everyone im actually having trouble with my mic & need some help. So far its been great except for the mic. The mic is not really picking up my voice. Im not sure if its because i talk softly but i have to basicly talk really loud for it to hear me.. and when i put it closer to my mouth. People say my voice goes in & out and cuts out while im talking. Like my voice would be really loud & really low and then cut out even when im talking.. Its hard to describe but its terrible. I really want to fix this problem & was wonder if anyone else has this problem with the a50s.. Also how long should i charge the headset? I also have a weird problem, the headset hurts the inside of my ear canal like a stinging pain. Anyone have any suggestions & advice? Thanks really appreciate you guys for reading.
    Last edited by OoMeSoPwny; 07-24-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Unfortunately there isn't a fix for it yet. Astro is working on a fix, bu I don't know how much longer I will wait for it. I can't even use my A50s because of the issues I have. I have hope but will give up soon, before my return date comes.

I believe their 'fix' is for the audio dropping every now and again. Not the auto-gain feature that's effecting our voice communication.

Hello, I have the same issue, I am a bit sad to have such trouble with an expensive device.
    It seems to depend of the voice of each one, but after making tests with several, we agree that it is not perfect.
    For me, people don't hear me a lot, the volume goes up and down + cuts. Same as you.
    My first Astro product :'(

same problem i just bought my firs Astro's and this is what i get ill be happy if they fix it and make it so it dont cut out and if i could pull my mike away

Hi everyone.

We do have a couple of firmware updates which are planned for this week and then a couple of weeks after that. I would recommend keeping an eye on this announcement page, Twitter or by contacting the support team.

Thanks.
    - Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO Vertigo View Post
    Hi everyone.

We do have a couple of firmware updates which are planned for this week and then a couple of weeks after that. I would recommend keeping an eye on this announcement page, Twitter or by contacting the support team.

Thanks.
    - Mitchell

not to sound greedy and all but if this does work are we going to get credit for this because i have $300 headset that is useless right now and you said in a few weeks it will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNinja War View Post
    not to sound greedy and all but if this does work are we going to get credit for this because i have $300 headset that is useless right now and you said in a few weeks it will be fixed.
    Hi ZombieNinja War.

I don't know in what order the updates are going to be released, so major updates could be this week while any small bugs such as the Scuf controllers could be fixed in the following weeks. I can only relay what has been told to me or announced via the Twitter website.

I'm not sure about the credit, this is something you will need to ask the support team although we're not forcing you to keep the headsets in a current state as you can return them within the 15-30 day return policy with next to no questions asked for another headset such as the A40 Wireless System etc.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

Thanks.
    - Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO Vertigo View Post
    Hi ZombieNinja War.

I don't know in what order the updates are going to be released, so major updates could be this week while any small bugs such as the Scuf controllers could be fixed in the following weeks. I can only relay what has been told to me or announced via the Twitter website.

I'm not sure about the credit, this is something you will need to ask the support team although we're not forcing you to keep the headsets in a current state as you can return them within the 15-30 day return policy with next to no questions asked for another headset such as the A40 Wireless System etc.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

Thanks.
    - Mitchell
    if i return them can i just have my credit on my account and wait and see how the A 50's end up or does the money go to my bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNinja War View Post
    if i return them can i just have my credit on my account and wait and see how the A 50's end up or does the money go to my bank account.
    The money will be refunded to your original method of payment as soon as the return has been verified. We wouldn't hold it from you!