Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: A50 Battery Question

Default A50 Battery Question

I see that they have updated the A50 page with a little detailed article, but I have a question. It says "embedded" battery, so im guessing that means you cant take it out. So, what happens when the battery goes bad, i mean we have all seen this with rechargable batteries in the past, (cell phones, cameras, etc) if you keep charging and draining and charging and draining the charge life lessens and eventually is done. So what do we do then. Spend another $300. There may be a simple answer to this and i hope there is but please enlighten me.

The battery is estimated to last for approximately 3 years of regular use. Once the battery does not hold a sufficient charge you will be able to send your unit into Astro for a replacement for a fee (not sure exactly how much this is yet, but not anything close to having to purchase a new unit).

Thanks for the info, sounds good enough for me.

this is why i lost all interest in this product. think i'll give the 5.8 mixamp a try.

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO refraxion View Post
    The battery is estimated to last for approximately 3 years of regular use. Once the battery does not hold a sufficient charge you will be able to send your unit into Astro for a replacement for a fee (not sure exactly how much this is yet, but not anything close to having to purchase a new unit).

So why doesn't the battery have a 3yr warranty if thats the case? Lithuim batteries last longer in lower temperature areas. Life expectancy can be 1-2.5 years. You would have to find the PERFECT battery with the PERFECT conditions for it to last 3 years... and with the problems the a50's already have, it would be safe to say that the battery wont last full expectancy.

Back and forth from Southern Oklahoma and Edinburgh Scotland

Batteries do not have an infinite life span and believe it or not, they cost money. Especially small, rechargeable ones. Giving them away would hurt the company itself, why on earth you would want that is beyond me. If you don't want to sacrifice some money for a battery for an amazing headset, then get the A40s. I have had both headsets, they are both amazing, well worth the money.
    Astro A40 2013 Edition in Black with Mixamp Pro - Astro Scout Backpack - Hauppauge HD PVR2 Gaming Edition - Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 - PS3 Slim - XBL GT: JoKeRs FuRy - PSN ID: JoKeRs_FuRy - PC Specs: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz CPU, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair 8GB Memory, EVGA GTX 660 FTW S2 Edition Video Card, inside an Antec 1200 V3 Case