Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few questions about the upcoming A50 headset

Default A few questions about the upcoming A50 headset

Title states it, here it is.
    1. Will the rechargeable battery pack still be an option to buy.
    2. Will this come with an optical cable
    3. Can you set up this headset with RCA
    4. Will there be a mixamp to control sound or is it all on the earcup?
    5. The mixamp that is shown in the picture, what all does it control?
    6. What is the deal with the WiFi, does it use your wife to connect or something? <Confused
    Thanks, please reply soon.

Hi there.

Thanks for your questions.

1) The rechargeable battery is built into the headset for free and is not removable.

2) Yes. 1.0M Optical Cable included.

3) No. Optical Cable only for the best Dolby Digital Lossless sound.

4) The MixAmp is built into the headset. The headset features a master volume dial and the right panel where the speaker tag once was controls the mix between game and voice.

5) The "MixAmp" in the picture is just a transmitter. That's how Astro gets the sound over to your A50 Headset.

6) The Transmitter and Headset uses 5.8GHz KleerNet Lossless Audio. You don't need to own any WiFi or purchase anything extra. You just simply switch on the transmitter, switch on the headset and they'll connect to each other no problems.

- Mitchell

ASTRO Gaming Forum Moderator
    Open A Support Case |
    ASTRO Gaming US/UK Support | ASTRO Gaming France Support |
    Contact Me | Send me a private message | Send me an email |

Mitchell, I have a few questions about the optical cable now. Since the optical cable comes with the headset what the two places that the optical cable go? In the back of the console and in the headset? Also what is the difference between using an optical cable and not using one? Also in your post you said I WONT be able to set it up with RCA? I have a HD / TV AV Cable in the back of my xbox. Will I still get the dolby digital 7.1 surround sound without the optical cable?

No you need the optical cable to produce the surround sound.
    l Black Astro a40 l Mixamp Pro l Black A*Stars l GT: Surferkwc l Xbox 360 60gb l

l Support l Read This l

Quote Originally Posted by TGNM View Post
    Mitchell, I have a few questions about the optical cable now. Since the optical cable comes with the headset what the two places that the optical cable go? In the back of the console and in the headset? Also what is the difference between using an optical cable and not using one? Also in your post you said I WONT be able to set it up with RCA? I have a HD / TV AV Cable in the back of my xbox. Will I still get the dolby digital 7.1 surround sound without the optical cable?
    Hi TGNM.

The Optical Cable will go in the back of the console and in the back of the transmitter. On the back of the console where the HD Cable goes into the Xbox, look for where the wire comes out of the connector, next to it should be a black box and if you push it open, there should be a red light (when console is on). This is your optical port of the console.

This is correct, the A50 Headset is not compatible with RCA. You will only receive stereo sound through this and not 7.1 Dolby Digital which is why Astro has opted to remove it once again.

- Mitchell

[Updated]

Is this the cable that goes into your Xbox 360? Click on picture to enlarge.
    Xbox_HDMI-blocked.jpg
    Last edited by ASTRO Vertigo; 06-12-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Open A Support Case |

Okay, two more things if I used the optical cable would I get the Dolby 7.1 surround sound or not and are the astro A40's compatible with RCA? Also Mitch, Im not trying to use the red/white, im just wondering if I will get The D 7.1 ss if I use that (I have an older tv) I have the thing in the back of my console where I can plug an optical cable in.
    Last edited by TGNM; 06-12-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Okay, two more things if I used the optical cable would I get the Dolby 7.1 surround sound or not and are the astro A40's compatible with RCA?
    Hi TGNM.

Yes. The Optical Cable allows for Dolby Digital 7.1 from your console to the A50 Wireless System. The A40 Audio System (not wireless) does have inputs for RCA Stereo Cables.

- Mitchell
    Last edited by ASTRO Vertigo; 06-12-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Open A Support Case |

Mitch, that is not the cable that goes into my xbox, but the cable still has a spot for an optical cable, the spot for the optica cable is the same as in the picture you added. If I use the optical cable will I be able to get the dolby surround sound? UPDATE: That actually is the cable in the back of my xbox, thanks
    Last edited by TGNM; 06-12-2012 at 03:42 AM.

Mitch, that is not the cable that goes into my xbox, but the cable still has a spot for an optical cable, the spot for the optica cable is the same as in the picture you added. If I use the optical cable will I be able to get the dolby surround sound?
    Hi TGNM.

I have linked another picture. (Click to enlarge). I assume that this is the cable that is going into your Xbox.
    437164494_d76f429815.jpg

The black box on that cable is the optical port. Using an optical cable from that device to A50 Wireless System, A40 Wireless System, A30 Wireless System, A40 Audio System, A30 Audio System will allow you to receive Dolby Digital.

- Mitchell

Open A Support Case |

Okay Mitchell, thanks alot you answered all of my questions fine.