Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A40 uneven sound left and right speakers?

Default A40 uneven sound left and right speakers?

I don't want to bother tech for something that does not need trouble shooting so here it goes.

I just got my A40's and they are hooked up to my ps3 via optical cable and settings are correct. Now when I play say BFBC2 the sound that comes out of the right side is loud and crisp I can hear my gun reloading etc but at the same level if I just listen through the left ear the sound is "duller" and the little things like gun reloads, foot steps are really quite?

So is this just the signal and how it was set to sound like or is this just the effect the headphones use so when you listen with them together the "total sound picture" is good?

Also when I turn down the main volume knob to say 10 olclock the sound in the left ear is almost gone but just quiter in the right ear but still crisp then by 11 oclock the left ear picks back up again.

Basicly if you picture the face of a clock 12 at top then 1, 2, 3 etc around from 12 then dialing down to half way between 10 and 11the sound gradually decreases as you would expect then at 10 the left ear quites down to almost off but the right ear is still reducing at the same curve as before. Then between 9 and 10 the right ear drops down and both are at the same volume level. Then turning the volume back up from off the sound is quite and the same then the right ear comes in louder turn it up a bit more after that the the left ear comes in then by 11 on the dial the volume levels are similiar just duller in the left ear. So again is this just the effect of the headphones and how the volume is managed.

If anyone else can share their input or experience with the sound and volume settings it would be greatly appreciated.

But yea I love the headsets and would definately recommend them to anyone on the fence on which ones to pick up, I just want to make sure I am experiencing everything how the game developers who made the game and the peoplse at Astro intended them to be heard.

Cheers and thanks again all,

N
    Last edited by nleopatra; 06-05-2010 at 08:15 AM.
    "Some days you're the dog... Some days you're the hydrant."

hmmm...... first im gona go with the old "pull the red daisy chain out and put it back in" routine. then im gona go with are all the sound cables plugged in completley?

Hey Socks, isn't the gun in the right hand in BC2? That may be why you are hearing things in separation. That should be how they are intended. Try pluging the mixamp into your computer via the USB cable and play an MP3 music file or a stereo only video file and see if that problem still exists. If it does I suggest that you contact the SUPPORT TEAM.

Thanks for the replies, yeah the gun is in the right hand which is what I thought it could be I'll do some more trouble shooting later I just wanted to see anyone elses experiences with this as well.

How about when you turn the volume down on your mix amp do both right and left speakers turn down at the same level or does your left one drop out first then the right one another little turn next when turning it down?

Cheers,
    N

No, when you turn down the master volume on the mixamp it is equal for both left and right channels.

yea try listening to some music and see what happens, then get back to us! if you still have the problem try contacting support.... we have been getting some not so good looks for trying to troubbleshoot peoples problems latley haha

I just read at the top of the forum that this is not a support forum I just wanted to see other peoples experiences to trouble shoot a bit but don't mean to break the forum rules so sorry for that.

I guess if there is anyone on here who lives in Calgary AB, Canada that has the Astro A40 set up please message me if you wouldn't mind meeting up so or chatting so I can see if this is normal or not. I don't want to send them back into astro because I would be responsible for shipping back, so if I could avoid that would be great.

Thanks all,

Nic

Quote Originally Posted by nleopatra View Post
    I

I guess if there is anyone on here who lives in Calgary AB, Canada that has the Astro A40 set up please message me if you wouldn't mind meeting up so or chatting so I can see if this is normal or not. I don't want to send them back into astro because I would be responsible for shipping back, so if I could avoid that would be great.
    astro cant be held responsible for meetups gone wrong!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sockswthsandals View Post
    astro cant be held responsible for meetups gone wrong!!!!!!
    I don't follow? Responsible for what? I just know if we had side by side comparison I would be able to show what it is my soundsystem is doing and compare to another. I'm married and have kids and don't see a problem with it, I read in another post on here a good guy let someone come over a couple times to trouble shoot in Cali I think it was so yeah nothing wrong in my opinion with supporting the community.

Cheers,

N

Default same problem

yes i have the same problem i just goit my astro a40's with wireless mixamp and when i play black ops i can hear fromthe right ear more than the left and when i turn the volume down completely and slowly move it up i can hear from the right ear cup first then the left jumps on, its real annoying and im waiting back on support team