Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Astro Mixamp

17 100.00%
  • Turtle Beach DSS

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Astro A40 vs. Turtle Beach DSS

I still think people who are just in here to trash Astro should be shooed away (Lol, my computer recognizes that as a word). This is the Astro forums, and forgive me, but it's kind of hard to remember 3 pages of arguments, but I'm just being told in my mind that you just started an argument out of nothing... Troll?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Black A40 Audio System - MLG Edition |
    | Astro MLG Scout Bag |
    | Gunnar Optiks | MLG Phantoms |
    Check out my YouTube channel!

Quote Originally Posted by BSS07 View Post
    what do you guys mean by low froquency ? Im new to all this headphone stuff. And ihave also noticed the weak bass on the a40s but in my oppinion they work better for 4v4 and smaller games but in big games like gound war its just too hectic with all the explosions goin on. mw2
    I was just referring to the bass like you mentioned. The highs and mids are fine, but in my opinion the bass is a little weak which causes the overall sound to be a bit uneven. If the bass matched the highs and mids, it would have made the A40 sound more "even" - which I personally prefer. Others may feel differently because this is what they're used to.

Quote Originally Posted by xVaTaLLaT View Post
    I still think people who are just in here to trash Astro should be shooed away (Lol, my computer recognizes that as a word). This is the Astro forums, and forgive me, but it's kind of hard to remember 3 pages of arguments, but I'm just being told in my mind that you just started an argument out of nothing... Troll?
    the people who are here to do that are either too poor to get them, or too young and their parents wont buy their kids astros either.

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisGod View Post
    I was just referring to the bass like you mentioned. The highs and mids are fine, but in my opinion the bass is a little weak which causes the overall sound to be a bit uneven. If the bass matched the highs and mids, it would have made the A40 sound more "even" - which I personally prefer. Others may feel differently because this is what they're used to.
    o0oh . ok now i understand so frequency is like the type of sound ?

ConFusion Guest

Old Thread i know but some of the comments on here are the most brain dead drivel i've read in a long while. I got to this forum by googling mixamp vs dss, this is the top result. Im fairly sure others will search the same thing if they are in the market for a cheap optical input dolby digital processing DAC and the way some of you are representing yourselves is pathetic. This makes you look like a complete imbecile and can tarnish Astro's name with your childish comments.

I own neither a mixamp or dss (hence why i was searching) so im completely impartial (almost, ive pretty much decided i want a mixamp unless i can find a lot of reviews that say a DSS is better). Some people are taking offense at the term Fan Boy, grow up. Its not an insulting term and if you break down what some of you are saying your clearly are fan boys which isnt a bad thing, it means the company is doing its job and keeping customers brand loyal. Just because Astro make an amazing mixamp doesnt mean they make an amazing headset (they might do ive not tried one) is exactly the same as just because Ferrari make an amazing car one year doesnt mean that their next is going to be amazing, we should all know that some Ferrari's are decidedly poor in comparison to the Enzo etc.

Using the cost of a product in a discussion about quality, i mean. Seriously? You tried justifying it with a car analogy well theres 50,000 cars that destroy 300,000 cars in all manner of ways.

The fact that your friend who works in audio equipment is saying a 150 headset are as good as studio quality cans, to me makes me think your friend hasnt been using very good studio cans, or doesnt have very fine hearing. But it could turn out (doubtful) that the A40's are the audio bargain of the decade.

Another thing that made me laugh was the pathetic accusations of a TB spy, i mean ive not bad talked turtle beach in this post, i guess i must be a spy? But ive not bad talked Astro either, just the morons who have posted here (not all of you).

My search for an unbiased review continues.

Quote Originally Posted by ConFusion View Post
    Old Thread i know but some of the comments on here are the most brain dead drivel i've read in a long while. I got to this forum by googling mixamp vs dss, this is the top result. Im fairly sure others will search the same thing if they are in the market for a cheap optical input dolby digital processing DAC and the way some of you are representing yourselves is pathetic. This makes you look like a complete imbecile and can tarnish Astro's name with your childish comments.

I own neither a mixamp or dss (hence why i was searching) so im completely impartial (almost, ive pretty much decided i want a mixamp unless i can find a lot of reviews that say a DSS is better). Some people are taking offense at the term Fan Boy, grow up. Its not an insulting term and if you break down what some of you are saying your clearly are fan boys which isnt a bad thing, it means the company is doing its job and keeping customers brand loyal. Just because Astro make an amazing mixamp doesnt mean they make an amazing headset (they might do ive not tried one) is exactly the same as just because Ferrari make an amazing car one year doesnt mean that their next is going to be amazing, we should all know that some Ferrari's are decidedly poor in comparison to the Enzo etc.

Using the cost of a product in a discussion about quality, i mean. Seriously? You tried justifying it with a car analogy well theres 50,000 cars that destroy 300,000 cars in all manner of ways.

The fact that your friend who works in audio equipment is saying a 150 headset are as good as studio quality cans, to me makes me think your friend hasnt been using very good studio cans, or doesnt have very fine hearing. But it could turn out (doubtful) that the A40's are the audio bargain of the decade.

Another thing that made me laugh was the pathetic accusations of a TB spy, i mean ive not bad talked turtle beach in this post, i guess i must be a spy? But ive not bad talked Astro either, just the morons who have posted here (not all of you).

My search for an unbiased review continues.
    I think you're starting trouble where disagreements were laid to rest.

For one thing, you don't know anything about my friends father. Not that it's any of your business but my friends father is a sound engineer and has a keen ear for it. He has a PhD in sound reproduction and can tell you anything you want to know about sound. So for you to come on here and trash talk about him tells me that your immature and that you need to grow up.

Let me tell you a little something about marketing. When you have something that sounds good and you put a lot of hours engineering it to sound the way it does, do you slap a low price tag on it. Usually headsets that are priced very expensive are typically very good.

You aren't bad mouthing Astro but I do believe that you are calling out the members on this thread to pick a fight. Since you're trying to instigate a flame war, I'm going to lay it to rest and let you know that it's not going to happen.

Let me give you some advice. The next time that you join a forum you should introduce yourself and be friendly and usually people will treat you with the same respect and welcome you to the community. To come on here and start trouble on your first post your looking to have yourself banned.

Let dead dogs lie dead. This thread is most definitely a dead dog.

Just wanted to add that there have indeed been some TB employees that have dropped by in the past to stir up trouble. I'm leaving the rest of what is being said alone, as it should have remained buried. Glad I wasn't paying much attention to the forums at the time

ConFusion Guest

Bad talking your friends father? How? I said he might not have very fine hearing that isnt the same as saying he has bad hearing which would be trash talking the same goes for the cans. He has good credentials if they're true but that just makes it harder to believe that a 150 head SET can go up against 1000 headphones. If its true Astro would be such a big name in audio rather than a big name in console audio. They could saturate the market with amazing products that cost a fraction of the cost of the stuff they're competing against since this isnt so the conclusion I have personaly drawn is that your lieing, some one with a PhD in Sound Reproduction would not commit to saying they compete with studio quality headphones. I will happily eat my words if you can provide proof, Which will probably force me to sell my HD595's and buy the A40.

Quote Originally Posted by ConFusion View Post
    Bad talking your friends father? How? I said he might not have very fine hearing that isnt the same as saying he has bad hearing which would be trash talking the same goes for the cans. He has good credentials if they're true but that just makes it harder to believe that a 150 head SET can go up against 1000 headphones. If its true Astro would be such a big name in audio rather than a big name in console audio. They could saturate the market with amazing products that cost a fraction of the cost of the stuff they're competing against since this isnt so the conclusion I have personaly drawn is that your lieing, some one with a PhD in Sound Reproduction would not commit to saying they compete with studio quality headphones. I will happily eat my words if you can provide proof, Which will probably force me to sell my HD595's and buy the A40.
    Lying!? I have no reason to lie to you. I don't even know you and I don't care to. Prove to you. I don't have to prove anything to you. As a matter of fact he did say they were on par with some (not all) studio quality headsets. So far you've managed to come into this forum, dig up dead and buried threads and start trouble with me. Not once have you introduced yourself and mentioned anything about if you're interested in Astro Gaming products.

If you continue down this road it tells me that you’re looking to start trouble by calling me out. I don't care to know your reasoning. I just know it's going to stop.

Once again let me point out that when joining a forum, you introduce yourself and state your intentions or interests and others will greet you with similar respect. The way you've gone about this tells me that you’re immature and need to grow up. Trouble makers can and will get banned. Please READ the rules of the community and make not of the first rule.

Enough has been said so any further posts from you on this thread I will consider as personal attack against me.
    Last edited by AcIdC0R3; 02-03-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Guys, really? Not the place. Time to chill.

- ASTRO stanimal

| partner marketing manager @ astro gaming |
    | twitter | facebook | xbox live | astro gaming support |