Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: A40 Ventrilo settings question

Default A40 Ventrilo settings question

Hey all,

I have the A40 headset and it works phenomenal, however I get a few complaints from my guildies saying my voice cuts out from time to time and more frequently at the end of when I speak. I have it connected to the mix amp via optical cord and usb cord to my pc. I sometimes think its when I accidently let go of my PTT key, however its not the case. Is there some recommended settings someone could post for me that might resolve my issues. Also for windows settings with the audio control panel. Thank you for your time

SmackZ

are you using a newer a40 style headset? try swapping the A/B switch

I believe they are the newer ones, I got them back in December. What do you mean by "swapping" the A/B switch. Do you mean flipping the switch from boom to inline mic? If so I have done this previously. Is there a certain setup to get the best performance in vent and in the audio control panel for Win 7?

are you using a mixamp with your pc or just the headset? if just the headset are you using the pink/green adapter?

I am using the mixamp, would it be better to use just the pink green adapter?

alright with the mixamp your going to want to hook up the usb cable, and under the windows audio settings for communication set the default device to astro usb chat

What about with ventrilo. Should I do anything special for the settings in there?

I am not sure since I do not have it. you might want to make sure your chat settings are for voice - astro usb device or mixamp

Thanks for the quick replies sockswithsandals, im at work at the moment but when I get home ill adjust my settings, thanks again!

no problem, let me know how that goes