Astro Professional Gaming Headsets & Bags

Astro Global

Thread: Hooking Astro A40's to PC.

Thumbs up Hooking Astro A40's to PC.

I have the A40 wireless system, no SPDIF or optical inputs on my PC currently, I have read that I need a Dolby Digital Live sound card to use it and be wireless but I'd be okay with wired. While using the TX from my PC via wireless would be great, I don't see it being cheap. My main thing is that I want to be able to use the Mixamp 5.8 on PC and be playing a game on steam and be in a voice chat and use the game vs. voice and the master volume, wireless or wired. Thanks in advance, I'll try to be as helpful as I can!

you will need to hook up your mixamp 5.8 via optical source. with that mixamp thats the only way for it to get audio. now with pc if you want surround sound you will need a sound card that supports dolby digita live. without that you will only get a stereo signal.

Quote Originally Posted by SocksWthSandals View Post
    you will need to hook up your mixamp 5.8 via optical source. with that mixamp thats the only way for it to get audio. now with pc if you want surround sound you will need a sound card that supports dolby digita live. without that you will only get a stereo signal.
    So I will need to get a dolby digital live sound card that has an optical input, run that from the card to the Mixamp 5.8 TX unit, plug in the AC adapter to it and pretty much have it set up like I do for my xbox 360 except put the 3.5mm to usb cable from the TX to my PC for audio, like on the PS3 then just use the mixamp wirelessly as I always do? Just trying to be sure I'm understanding this correctly, thanks again.